YEDAM

"i swear if that kid touches you again, i am actually going to kill him."

it was almost seven at night and yedam and his ten other friends were currently at a food stall right outside their university. doyoung and yedam had split about two hours ago after the younger male told the other that he had something important he needed to do, and the masked male just nodded, slightly disappointed that he didn't get to spend more time with the first year university student.

"it wasn't that bad," yedam defended, having no idea as to why he was protecting the one person who made his life so miserable.

it wasn't like yedam got bullied by his bully and his group of friends everyday, more like three times a week, but when he does get bullied, it was usually extremely harsh and life threatening. for some reason, it always involved baby powder, and after the first few occurrences last year, yedam got to know that he was being bullied for his allergy.

he hated it a lot, that was no doubt. no reasonable human being in the world would enjoy being bullied, especially if it was life threatening, but yedam couldn't fight back. he was too weak to face all five of them, who would usually gang up on the masked male and do whatever terrible activities they planned to do to the boy. all he could do was sit there and accept his fate, which would soon most likely become death.

"yeah, because pouring baby powder all over his hand and grabbing your wrist so harsh to the point where there was a bruise AND a hand print along with a severe allergic reaction isn't that bad," jihoon said, obviously being sarcastic. "sure, it's less brutal than his other attempts at bullying you, but it's still bullying, and life threatening at that, nonetheless."

jihoon was referring to what yedam's bully had done earlier today during his break time. the masked male was walking over to the vending machine, planning to get doyoung some strawberry milk at the location where he always sleeps during break, when he was suddenly cornered by his group of bullies. they had pushed him against the wall harshly, nearly knocking out all the air from him and making him extremely weak and vulnerable, and poured baby powder all over their leader's hand. he then forced the right sleeve of yedam's shirt all the way to his elbow and aggressively grabbed onto the masked male's wrist, pulling it up and nearly causing yedam to hang from where his arm was being pulled up. the second year university student was crying and begging for the bully to let him go, but he had refused.

that incident caused yedam to be unable to give doyoung his strawberry milk because he had spent the next two hours at the hospital, getting treatment and a bandage for his arm. if anything, yedam was lucky to be alive, but that doesn't mean he should keep his guard down. anything could happen to him by this point, and it was no doubt that in the future, there would be something related to this that would cause the masked male to fight for life or death, literally.

yedam's allergy, as silly as it may sound, was nothing to be taken lightly. that was the main reason why he was (social) distancing himself from doyoung, the boy who smells like he uses a whole bottle of baby powder in the morning. earlier that day, when yedam and doyoung crossed paths at the library, yedam had hidden his injury from the younger male, knowing that if the other saw, it would raise suspicion and curiosity, eventually leading to questions that yedam had no will to answer.

the masked male also didn't comment or correct doyoung when the younger had said that yedam was distancing himself from him because he was scared of the younger, which was obviously not true. yedam only remained silent because after realizing that doyoung had believed that the masked male was distancing himself because of what he had suggested, he decided to go along with it so that he wouldn't have to spend an excessive amount of time explaining to doyoung everything, although there wasn't much to explain.