YEDAM

the masked male was inside the elevator, waiting for it to travel to the third floor since that was where his first class of the day was. however, the metal box had stopped on the second floor, catching the male inside off guard, and opened its doors to reveal another person standing outside.

looking at the person, yedam recognized the male as doyoung's older brother. although the two of them shared a couple classes together, they didn't have any interactions and didn't really cross paths at the faculty either. the second year university student believed that this would be the first time that the two of them coincidentally met each other, specifically after doyoung had introduced the two to each other.

a smile formed on seunghun's face as he pointed at the second year university student. "... yedam, right? doyoung's friend?"

a small nod came from the smaller male and a small bow followed after. the older of the two boys followed the gesture before entering inside the elevator, both of them heading up to the third floor, where their first class of the day was.

"feels good to have someone to walk to class with in the mornings," seunghun suddenly mentioned, causing the masked male to look up at the senior. the two were standing on opposite sides of the elevator, mainly because they weren't very close with each other and found it awkward to stand directly adjacent to someone you're barely acquainted with, not like the elevator trip itself wasn't already awkward.

the metal box that the two were riding in wasn't exactly seven feet apart, thus the secondary reason as to why the masked male was nearly gluing himself to the wall in an indirect way. when the older of the two had passed by the second year university student to get inside the elevator, their arms were this near to brushing against each other, causing yedam to shift some steps to his right to avoid contact. the second year university student didn't hyperventilate, and although there didn't seem to be any signs of heavy baby powder use coming from the older, contrary to his younger brother, the masked male still wanted to be careful.

"are your friends busy?" yedam asked as a reply to the older's statement, catching his attention. seunghun just showed a small smile before shaking his head.

"they have different classes. the only other friends i have that share the same morning class with me usually don't come to the faculty this early."

the masked male gave a nod of understanding to the taller male. as the elevator dinged, signaling their arrival to the third floor of their faculty building, the two of them got out one by one, almost in a single file line, before switching back to being side-by-side and walking to their first class.

"why are you here this early, though, hyung?" the second year university student asked. seunghun turned towards him and let out a small sigh.

"i'm usually here this early. i meet up with my friends and chill for about an hour before heading to class. but today, we ended up splitting fifteen minutes early because two of them wanted to get some last minute studying done for their music theory test today," the older spent some time to explain his situation for this morning to the masked male, causing yedam to nod his head as he caught every word seunghun was saying.

"how about you? why are you here so early?"

yedam turned his head to look at the older before returning to look at the ground before answering seunghun's question. "i usually come here this early. i can get to class and spend some time or organize myself."

that was a lie. the reason why the masked male would get to the faculty so early was because there would be less people than later on despite the time difference only being half an hour. yedam's allergy would worsen as he becomes surrounded by more and more people who use baby powder, and that was nearly everyone in his faculty, so the conditions were unfavorable for the second year university student.