Choices

I woke up to the sound of yelling, "What the hell is-" i looked on the floor and saw a girl passed out. I quickly got up but fell right back onto my bed in pain. I held my head in my hands. It hurt so bad but i tried to fight against the pain.

     "Are you ok?" asked Elizabeth

      "No i- just ignore me i'm fine is she ok?" i asked while squinting at her.

      "We came in and found her passed out on the floor. We called the nurse after we saw blood, she's coming right now." she said. My head felt slightly better, it was still throbbing and felt very heavy. I felt so dizzy.

    "Do you need a nurse too? Do you know what happened? Maybe we can-" i cut her off.

    "Elizabeth shut your mouth and find me a potion for this headache right now." i said harshly. She quickly got up and left. Not even a minute passed before i heard footsteps.

     "How are you back so soon-" i look up and see Tom.

     "You got a headache too?" he asked

      "Yeah i do. Did you have something to do with this?" i asked sarcastically.

       "I would do no such thing. Put myself in pain just to mess with you? Don't flatter yourself Aurelia." he scoffed.

        "Can you at least get rid of it?" i could feel the headache getting worse as Tom walked closer. Before i could say anything else he grabbed me by my arm and dragged me out. I couldn't make out where we were going, everything looked like a blur. We made it to some small enclosed place which i assumed was a closet of some sort.

      "What are we doing in a clos-" he opened my mouth and poured a potion in.

      "Drink it." he said coldly. I swallowed it and felt better. My vision went back to normal and i saw we were in one of the potions storage closet.

      "What did you do to that girl?" he asked. I stared at him i'm confusion, surely he didn't think i was responsible did he?

       "Nothing why do you think i did something? For all i know you did something." i said as i rolled my eyes.

       "Oh come on we only get headaches when one of us does something." he sounded mad.

        "So that means the headache we had last time was because of you?" i laughed, "What did you do?" i asked.

        "None of your business. Do you remember last night at all?" he questioned. Now that i think of it i remember nothing.

        "Uhm well n-not exactly." i lowered my eyes in embarrassment.

        "Close your eyes and think hard." he said. I did as he said. I tried to think hard about what happened. Then it came flooding to me.

         "We fought..it was her accusing me of bullying and hurting a muggle born..i got mad, very mad..i grabbed a book and hit her-" i opened my eyes in shock. I could feel tears starting to form. I scanned Tom's eyes for any kind of emotion but all i saw was emptiness. He slowly smirked. I felt disgusted.

      "How can you be smirking right now!? I couldn't have done that i wouldn't do that." my voice was shaky. His face immediately dropped to a cold expression.

       "Do not yell at me. You did do it there's no point denying it to me." he laughed. I looked at him in shock as to how he's laughing right now. I had an urge to laugh with him. I fought it off, but i didn't feel bad which i knew was wrong. When i'm with him it doesn't seem bad at all, it makes me want to do more things like that.

       "Tom..does this mean i'm a bad person? I-i don't feel bad about it anymore." i asked.

        "Bad? I think you're amazing. You have potential." he said. Potential? I was confused but shrugged it off. I was going to hug him but the bell rang. I was about to walk out when he pulled me back by my waist.

        "Will you be my girlfriend?" my eyes widened. I didn't think he would ask right now.

         "Can i let you know at the end of the day?" he nodded and let go off my waist. I decided to skip class today and just rest in my dorm. I spent the whole day debating who i should be with. Duncan was so sweet i knew he would always keep me happy, but Tom..there was something about me that drew me to him i couldn't describe it. As much as i knew this choice was wrong i went with it.

        It was around 8 pm so i decided to go to Tom's dorm. I knocked on the door and he opened it. His hair was messy, his shirt was untucked and his eyes looked so 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑑.

        "Yes." i said. I could've sworn i saw a flash of excitement in his eyes but it was gone as quick as it came. He smiled and stood there for a minute before he hugged me. I laughed and hugged him back. I felt amazing when i was with him, the feeling was irreplaceable.