Chapter 59

At Sbani's house

He closed the door behind him and placed his phone against his ear smiling.

Sbani: Yabona wena, whoever is going to marry you is going to be very lucky.
Voice: So it up and running?
Sbani: Yep and people are happy because they get to work and earn money. The pay is very reasonable and the working hours.
Voice: I still don't understand why are woman not allowed to go anywhere near the chickens in their barns?
Sbani: I'll tell you one day....forget about the poultry farm. When are you visiting your friend again?
Voice:(giggled) Miss me?
Sbani: Nop the house is boring without Sami and Zayna so a visit from my friend will do.
Voice: I'll think about it. If I had a key to the gate it would've been easy you know?
Sbani: The key will be for my woman.
Voice: Really now? Thought you have no woman nje, udl'itshe.
Sbani:(laughing) I'm still thinking of a come back you know? I'll get you!

He dropped his keys on the coffee table and walked to the back.

Sbani: On a serious note though, please come over we've been travelling all around SA and I've never complained.
Voice:(sighs) I made a promise to myself that...
Sbani: I also did but I compromised for you.
Voice:...
Sbani: Lima wee I'm not asking you out, I'm asking you to come and visit your friend.
Voice: I'll come during the evening.
He punched the air in victory.
Sbani: Do you need something from the shops to make your stay more comfortable?
Voice: Yes, I need..
Sbani: Whoa I'm going to transfer the money and you'll buy it yourself. I'll make it extra and please do that hairstyle you did the time we went to Bush Bungalows.
Voice:(rolled her eyes) You said I don't look beautiful in it.
Sbani:(laughing) I wanted you to change it, you looked too beautiful for my liking.
Voice: Mxmn! I'm not coming anymore my boyfriend wants to see me. 
Sbani: So? Is he bored too? Bring him over if that's the case.
Voice: Yooh I can't deal, send the money I'll see you later.
Sbani: Wake me up when you join the sandy road.
Voice: Okay sharp friend.
Sbani: Mmh. I love you.
Voice: Mxmn!
Sbani: Ngiyakzama! Lamagama wawagcina nini nje? Kfanele ngabe uyangbonga ngikfaka eyntwen.
Voice: Sbanisezwe wee you're finishing my airtime.
Sbani:(laughing)  I'm the one who called.

The caller hung up and he removed the phone against his ear still laughing. This woman was a whole mood.
He looked at his wallpaper and smiled. People always thought they were dating but that was not the case. He loved her yes but he was afraid to hurt her. His therapist advised him to take things slow if he dates this woman but he was still scared.

He walked back inside and went to open the fridge. He was greeted by Zayna's danone, he smiled and took one and bit the corner beneath it and sucked on it.
He smiled thinking of how angry Sami will be when she see comes back.

Within a few minutes it was finished, he threw it in the trash bin and took out the whole pack eating it.

He forwarded the money and sent a text to his lady friend.
"Awphathe danone lapho sekvele kwadlela eka Zayna ngephutha." To my Lima.
"Grow up Sbani, danone really?"
"Utheng eyakwa Parmalat."
"I give up. Ngzoyphatha ke."

He placed the phone face down on the counter and searched in the fridge again as his phone beeped.
"Don't eat Zayna's things Sbani." From my princess.
"Or what?"
"I'll disown you!"

At  Nkazi's house

She dropped her bag on the couch and sat down removing her heels from her swollen feet. She gently massaged them and moaned a little enjoying the feeling her fingers brought to her feet.

Her phone vibrated in her bag disturbing her and she stopped and reached for it in her bag picking as tears filled her eyes....

Nkazi: What?
Voice: Yooh it Zee.
Nkazi: What do you want?
Voice: I wanted us to talk about something.
Nkazi:(her voice started breaking) You disturbed my peace for that? I'm coming from work so I'm tired therefore I'm still relaxing before the kids gets here but no you had to disturb me. What have I done to you mara Ziphiwe?
Voice:(laughing) Are you serious right now?
Nkazi:(crying) You're laughing? This is a laughing matter to you?
Voice: Call me later babes.