𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Our team was officially moving on

Our team was officially moving on. Our next game was the NFC Championship game against the Packers next Sunday.

As for today, we had practice as usual. Today was my first day back to coaching for the team since Jimmy and I broke up. I just had to ignore Jimmy and Keiana, if I didn't I knew I'd lose it.

I wasn't sure what Claire said to Jimmy during halftime of yesterday's game, all she told me was that she said 'a lot'. I knew whatever Claire told Jimmy couldn't have been good.

I knew there was no stopping Claire, so I didn't even try. Jimmy couldn't possibly get any madder than he already was at me. The more I thought about it the less I cared about what Claire actually said to Jimmy.

I carried on with practice as I usually did, observing the players from the sidelines with Claire.

"I hope you're not mad at me for talking to Jimmy at the game yesterday, he needed to hear what I had to say.. believe me." Claire stated suddenly.

"No, I'm not mad." I answered Claire with a small smile.

"Has he talked to you at all?" Claire asked me curiously. I shook my head in the negative before I spoke.

"Nope." I answered Claire flatly.

I really didn't know what Claire expected, Jimmy was beyond pissed and hated my guts. I lied to him about his career, I'd be mad at me too.

"Camila! Claire! Just the duo I wanted to see!" Shanahan shouted as the players scattered from mid field to take a water break.

I could tell Shanahan was overly jittery and happy from our win yesterday. I smiled sweetly at my boss as he approached Claire and I.

"What's up Shanahan?" Claire asked with a smile.

"Well, I wanted you two to be the first ones to know that I've been planning a celebration." Shanahan stated as he put his arms around Claire and I.

"A celebration?" I asked Shanahan in a confused tone.

It was a great accomplishment for our team to come this far in the season, but our work was far from over.

"Yeah, can you guess what we're celebrating Camila?" Shanahan looked me in the eyes suggestively. I shook my head slowly confused by what he was asking me.

"No, I have no idea." I answered Shanahan slowly.

"Oh come on, there isn't a special day coming up for you this week?" Shanahan asked me playfully.

I thought about what he was asking, and then it hit me. My birthday was coming up this Thursday.

"Wait, are you serious?" I asked Shanahan with a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm dead serious. It's not just gonna be a celebration for your birthday, I have a few important announcements to make to the team as well." Shanahan stated with a smile.