Chapter 03 - The Predators' Prey

Location: Unknown
Time: Unknown
POV: Third Person

"Sir!" Someone rushed up to his boss who was sitting behind his desk. "I have bad news!"

The boss took another sip of alcohol in a small glass that he was holding on before looking at the person. "Is something the matter?" He asked.

"Another one of our lab has be found out again by Judgment...!" He said nervously.

"This is the fifth time already they have been exploring our lab." The boss sighed, not wanting to rage as he lookw at the small glass with less alcohol in it.

"Do you have anything other than bad news?" He asked the person.

"Ah, well..." The person was thinking but then remembered something. "Yes there is!"

"Oh?" The boss was curious about the good news.

"Some random person was hired to get experimented on Project P.O.W.E.R. by the scientists who were working on it." He said.

"And what are the results?" The boss asked.

"We don't know the results yet if he got the power." The person said disappointed. "But this might surprise you." He handed over a paper of another result.

The boss grabbed the paper and looked at it. His eyes widen in surprise as he was done examining the paper from top to bottom. "There's no way someone like this person..."

"Is there something wrong, sir?" The person asked.

The boss sighed. "There's nothing wrong. Go back to work and rent another lab for our next project." The boss told him coldly. "Also send 'them' out to hunt (Y/N) (L/N)."

"Y-yes sir!" He saluted and quickly ran out of the office.

The boss looked back at the papers of the results that was given to him. On the paper was some information about the random student that was been talked about between the two.

"(Y/N) (L/N)..." He read outloud. "Power level... huh..."

"An interesting one I see." He smiled as he turned his chair backwards to face the big window in front of him. He stood up and looked outside at Academy City below him.

"I hope you have fun with this power you have now... (Y/N) (L/N)."

"My gift to you..."

----

Location: Academy City - District 7
Time: 4.32 PM
POV: Second Person

"..."

"Eh...?"

You watch Touma from above as he held his other hand on to his right wrist. You also saw a small smoke coming out of it. You averted your eyes back at your hand that Touma was about to grab.

"Nothing on my hand got damaged at all. Strange..." You thought in mind, still looking at your hand before looking back at Touma's. "Neither does Touma's but a small smoke had come out of it."