Chapter 1: Mystacore

(Luz)

    A gentle breeze rolled over the grass as moonlight illuminated the field below. It was quiet, a beautiful night to anyone. Luz sat alone in the field appreciating the whistle of the wind. Smiling, she drew her rune into the air. A simple light spell, but honestly all she'd learned so far. She'd been trying to train as a sorcerer for years but it didn't come to her as naturally as the other apprentices. Still, Luz was optimistic and always tried her best to learn the new spells. While she didn't ever really have luck with that, she had honed and perfected this one. A large ball of light left the rune that Luz had drawn in the air. Suddenly, the field she was standing in was lit up a large distance out.

    "And... let there be light." The young sorceress said with a smirk to herself.

    "Luz! Come inside! It's time to go to bed!" The voice of the future queen could be heard echoing through the night. Luz dissipated her light spell as she made her way back to the school steps. When she reached the bottom step, she noticed the young princess standing atop the staircase.

    "Good Evening your grace." Luz laughed as she botched a curtsy while stumbling up the stairs.

    "You know when I am your queen, I'm going to get rid of the whole bowing thing. It's soooooo old fashioned." Glimmer turned to walk inside with her friend. Mystacore was a beautiful and extravagantly built school for all those gifted in Magic. Glimmer, being the daughter of the greatest Sorcerer to ever live along with the last Archangel on etheria kinda made her a big deal in the Magical world.

    "I think it's kinda cool, the Sorceress bows before the Queen after accepting her daring quest to face down The Demon Lord Hordak alone!" Luz was gesturing between herself and Glimmer while talking, she threw up the hood of her cloak for emphasis. The pink haired princess chuckled to herself at the thought. Glimmer was seventeen, Luz only one year younger, but everything they did at school still made them feel like children. The war with the Horde felt so far away.

    "You know some of the Faunus might get offended by the cat ears you had sewn onto the hood of your cloak." The princess laughed, pointing at the hood ears.

"What?!? No way! If anything, I'm sure they'd think my hood was awesome!" Luz defended the hood accessories as she pulled it further down to cover the embarrassed blush on her face.

"Luz! There you are." The two girls turned around to see Luz's instructor Eda making her way down the hallway.

"Eda!" The young sorceress ran up and threw herself at her teacher.

"What took you so long?" Luz smiled up at the older woman with a sparkle of excitement in her eyes. Eda was the Master Sorcerer that was sent to aid King Micah on a mission into Horde territory for the past few months. Luz couldn't wait to hear the heroic stories of battle and conquest against the Hordes dark army.

"Ohh you know, a little battle, a little terror, slight heroics." Eda said, ruffling her pupils' hair.

"And I'm sure Luz would love to hear all about it Eda, but you know how Aunt Casta gets when students are up past curfew." Glimmer said trying to break Luz away before Castaspella did her walk through the hallways to ensure there weren't any students still up.

"Ahh Glitter, lighten up a little. I just spent the last few months saving your pops from the Hordes monsters and minions alike. I'm sure Luz here could use a little bedtime story." Eda broke away from the hug with her student to do a half-assed curtsy in front of the princess.

"Glimmer.... My name is Glimmer." The princess facepalmed before shaking her head out.

"Nevermind, it's fine. Just don't stay up too late Luz, okay" Glimmer finished speaking as she looked pleading at her friend.

"I promise I won't!" Luz practically yelled down the hall.

"Goodnight then.... Owl Lady..." The princess looked between the two and then walked off towards the student dorms. As she walked away, Eda leaned forward and stuck her tongue out at the young princess.

"Is she always soooo prissy?" Eda whispered. Luz tried desperately to cover her laugh.

"Eda! She's the princess!" Luz smiled through her teeth, so eager to be united with her mentor.

"Yeah yeah I know, but enough about her. You want to hear about the battle for Shion village huh?" The Owl Lady asked, this time leaning in close to entice the young sorcerer in front of her.

"More. Than. Anything." Luz placed her hands on both cheeks, her eyes glowing with excitement.

"There we were, King Micah and I, scanning over the village as the rebellion soldiers helped evacuate the citizens....." Eda began an extravagant tale, almost definitely exaggerating the number of Horde soldiers that had arrived to the conquest. However one part of the story stood out to the young sorceress. Eda spoke of a large Demon on horseback, the monster single handedly leveled a platoon of rebellion soldiers. The battle was won, the Horde were driven out in the end, however the monster remained. It fled back to the Frightzone with its soldiers.

"Eda, someone has to stop that thing!" Luz was speaking loud, passionate and invested in the Owl Lady's story so much that she almost felt as if she was there too.

"We couldn't, the thing almost took out the king. Lucky our legendary Huntsman was there to hold it off." She said, slightly distraught about this Demonic General escaping back to the Frightzone.

"Don't worry Luz, we'll get it next time. The Huntsman stayed behind to track the Demon back to their camp." Eda started walking with her student, in the direction of the dorms.

"Did anyone stay with him?" The young sorceress asked, wide eyed and still totally intrigued in the story of heroism.

"Nah, he said some emo stuff like, I work better alone. Then he walked off into the woods. No idea where he went after that but I had to get the King back to Brightmoon." The old sorceress said matter-of-factly.

"Now get to sleep kid, we've got a long day of learning new spells ahead of us." She smiled. Luz's face was bright with excitement as she practically sprinted into her dorm room.

"Okay! See you tomorrow!"

"Luz pleaseeeeee some of us are trying to sleep." Glimmer groaned as she pushed her pillow onto her face in a desperate attempt to block out Luz's excited squeeks.

"You should have stayed for the story! It was. Amazing." The young sorceress emphasized the last word while falling straight onto her bed. 

"Did Eda see her sister, or maybe my Dad's old teacher?" The princess inquired, now pulling the pillow off of her face.

"See, you do want to know what happened." Luz giggled.

"I just want to know what we're up against."

"No, she didn't say anything about either of them. That's good though right?" Luz leaned up to see Glimmer's reaction.

"I guess." The princess laid completely flat on her back.

"Goodnight Luz."

Goodnight Glimmer."

A/N: This story will be a, The Owl House x She-Ra x RWBY. It will get dark... fast. This is rated Mature and will have a ton of Mature themes. Smut, Killing, Gore, Major Character Death. It's going to be a ride. I hope you all have fun!!

Love,

ShortHairCatra