Chapter 2: Blight Manor

(Amity)

These past few years, Amity could feel the dark magic changing her. Playing with souls wasn't the game of a child. Today she turned seventeen, When she looked in the mirror, everything was different from when she was younger. Amber eyes replaced her childhood hazel, light green hair now not even shoulder length instead of the brown that she'd grown up with. Her skin was always white, but she noticed herself getting more and more pale over the years. Yet she felt strong. Strong enough to face down the Rebellion. In one more year, she'd make her final transformation and join that of her siblings. She'd denounce her living soul and join the ranks of the Hordes Undead leaders. She'd become a Lich.

"Amity." The shrill voice of the Lich Queen, Odalia Blight, Amity's mother, could be heard down the dark corridors of the Blight Manor. The Blight family was gifted a dark manor by the Demon Lord Hordak, deep within one of etheria's magical forests. Their gifts in dark magic allowed them to corrupt the forest into something wicked.

"Yes Mother?" The young necromancer called down the candlelit hall, standing straight and awaiting her mother's arrival. When the Lich Queen entered Amity's vision, she was dressed in a very formal black gown, one expressive of her status as Queen. Her hair was a deeper green color, skin even more pale.

"Look at my beautiful birthday girl." Odalia spoke as she circled Amity in her dimly lit bedroom. The young necromancer could feel the eyes gazing in wonder at how much she'd changed over the years... how much the magic had done to her.

"I think you are ready to finally test your gifts in the field." The older woman smiled, grazing her fingers across her daughter's cheek. Amity winced, she didn't know whether the touch was going to be gentle, or whether the abuse was going to come again. Today, it was gentle.

"Yes Mother. What would you have me do?" Amity spoke trying not to show fear under her mother's touch.

"There is a small town group of refugees that have fled towards the Sorcerer city Mystacore. The horde is planning to ambush and capture them before they make it so far that we cannot recover them. You will accompany the Force Captain Adam Taurus of the White Fang division, you will be his second in command during this operation." Odalia's words were gifts to the young necromancer. She'd finally be able to prove herself, then... then the torture would stop. 

"Anything for the Horde Mother." The girl's blank stare was perfect enough for Odalia to begin walking away.

"Remember darling, Blight's don't fail. The mission is to capture.... But the Horde would rather the refugees dead than escaped." The final words haunting to the girl as The Lich Queen elegantly stepped off down the hallway, disappearing into the shadows.

"Blight's don't fail.." Amity spoke to herself as she ignited a small purple flame in her hand.

"Mittens?" Her thoughts were broken up as the voice of her sister rang from the doorway.

"Stop calling me that. Mother wouldn't like it." Amity's tone was much more harsh and way less respectful now that she was speaking to her siblings and not a parent.

"Come on, just because we're undead doesn't mean we can't still have fun!" Edric, Amity's brother now speaking sauntered into the room.

"Ohhh, Edric... She's not Undead yet." Emira, the older Blight daughter spoke again. This time Mocking their sister for not yet being powerful enough to accept her transformation into a Lich.

"After I help Force Captain Taurus bring back the refugees, Mother will now I'm strong enough." The young necromancer said, trying to pay as little attention as possible to her siblings.

"Wait.... Force Captain Adam Taurus?!?" Emira said, wide eyed.

"Maybe you'll find love on the battlefield!" Emira started laughing. After a few seconds trying to hold it back, Edric joined in.

"As if anyone would ever like mittens! Come on, really" He joked while gesturing to their younger sister. Amity's face was going from a pale white to a bright red as she was getting extremely angry. She'd never ever had a chance to date anyone in the Horde, she'd always been too focused on her studies. Force Captain Taurus was also not her type at all. Then again, Amity never had a chance to really figure out what her type was. Growing up in the Horde as the Daughter of the Lich King and Queen did really kill a girls love life. She wouldn't even know what having a crush felt like.

"Get out. I need to get ready for the mission." She said, doing her best to hold herself back from yelling.

"Fine, but if you need help, just remember that we won't be there to bail you out this time." Her older sister's smirk was devilish. Honestly, as much as they messed with her, Emira was right. Amity had often been saved by her older, more powerful, siblings during their family training exercises.

"I won't need it." The young necromancer said, turning her head back towards her equipment. She decided it was best to fight in dark black leather armor with a beautiful purple and green accent on her shoulder pads. Over it all, she wore a black cape with a hood. The interior of the cape was a dark purple color. Necromancers were allowed to use staves or wands but Amity hadn't been given one yet, so she'd bring a small jagged dagger in case one of the refugees managed to get close to her. She placed the small dagger into her belt and began making her way down the halls of Blight Manor. As a child, the dim candlelit halls would often feel eerie or unpleasant, but over time they became her version of normal.

Outside of the Blight Manor was corrupted ground, all of the magic trees were partially dead. The family's undead magic sapping the life away from etheria's plants and creatures that used to thrive within this forest. The White Fang was a group of faunus mercenaries that the Horde hired to help hunt down high value targets within the rebellion's lines. Amity guessed that these refugees escaping Horde territory had marked them as high value targets.

She saw him. Adam Taurus. He was walking into a white tent that housed the blood red symbol for the White Fang. He wore jet black steel armour that matched the likeness of a samurai warrior. The steel had red accents along with a blood red rose drawn across the back. He wore no helmet, only a bright white mask over his eyes. You could see the two black horns sticking out from atop his bright red hair. Amity followed him into the tent, eager to inform him that she'd be accompanying him on this mission.

"Force Captain Taurus." She stated upon opening the tents flap.

"Amity Blight... To what do I owe this pleasure?" Adam turned to address the girl that stood before him.

"On orders of the Lich Queen, I am to accompany you to retrieve the fleeing refugees before they make it past Mystacore." Her report was firm and military in style.

"Relax kid. Drop the formalities, your family easily out ranks my status as Captain. So your mom wants you to join me on this little hunting trip huh?" He said, sitting down on a war planning table to face Amity.

"Yeah, she said I'm supposed to be your second in command." The young necromancer dropped her guard now, standing casually and speaking less formally.

"Alright, I could use power like yours on this mission. Especially in case Mystacore intervenes at all in our efforts. In any case, the refugees shouldn't make it near the city by the time we catch up." He leaned farther back on the table, propping himself up with his arms.

"When do we leave?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow in question.

"In about an hour, I hope you're ready to do things my way." He said as a sadistic smile grew over his lips.