P R O L O G U E

Elijah // Arius

"I uh, broke my arm while hiking and I've been in a bad situation ever since. Haven't played soccer in a long time." Arius says, eyes sad and moping. He loved soccer more than anything (except Viggo, of course).

"Oh, I'm- I don't know what to say." Elijah says, fumbling with his words and wringing his hands together.

They sit on the wall of the tower, with their legs swinging back and forth as the sun dips beyond the horizon flooding the sky with brilliant shades of red, orange and yellow, lighting up everything around them with a fierce golden glow.
They don't say anything more, revelling in the silence between them.
The sky turns a dark shade of blue, slowing dissolving into a midnight black with stars littering the sky one after the other. Arius was mesmerized, he'd never seen the sky so dark and the stars as bright as they looked.
He could spot the Three Kings in the most visible region of Orion's Belt.

"I made it to the basketball team in one go, I'm sure if you tried out for soccer you would've too." Elijah says all of a sudden.
Arius looks at Elijah, grinning slightly at Elijah's radiant, ever-happy face.

"Maybe, you know, just try next year. It'll be hard. But this might be good for you huh?"

"Maybe next year Kingston, maybe." Arius says, decision already made in his head.

Something had changed between them. Their usual, bickering, savage dynamic had taken a shift. Arius felt hollow inside, the foreboding that something major was going to happen was undeniable. Elijah didn't know if he liked it or not. His heart had suddenly gone off tempo and was beating so fast he could hear it ringing in his ears.

They were both fucked.

_________________________________________

C O P Y R I G H T

Copyright © 2020 by @Michxcake_007

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

_________________________________________

A/N

Hi you guys! This is my first book and I fully intend to finish it. I love these boys and hope their story will help lighten your days and make you smile. That being said, please do not copy my work. Plagiarism is a crime and I hope I will not be a victim. If you like what you read, please do vote and comment. Thank you!