The Awakening

The first thing that Y/N L/N felt after opening his eyes was a taste of dust in his mouth. He quickly pushed himself off his stomach onto his back and rubbed the dust off his mouth. He closed his eyes and held his right arm above his now closed eyes. Getting blinded by the sunlight instantly after opening his eyes was one of the things that he hated the most about waking up.

He moved his arm away from his eyes and opened them, before blinking a few times. It took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust to the light. His eyes went over to the window under which he had just woken up and was actually quite suprised that this window didn't had any glass, like any usual window. It was just an empty hole in the wall.

He sat up and leaned against the wall before taking a good look around this room. It didn't took him that long to come to a conclusion that no one was in this room for a while now and that this place was most likely abandoned by it's former owners. The walls were grey, and there was rubble everywhere.

Time has certainly taken its tool on this room but there was one thing that stood out the most among the remains. It was a red backpack, which unlike any other thing in this room looked quite new. He stood up for a second to walk over to the backpack. He knelt down in front of it and unzipped it to see what was inside.

The first thing that caught his attention was suprising, to say the least.

It was a metal baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it. Despise being suprised by the fact that there was a thing like this in this backpack, Y/N could feel a small grin forming on his lips, recalling seeing a familiar bat before, the only difference being that the bat that was on his mind one was wooden, not metal.

He placed the bat on the floor, right next to the backpack before pulling out another thing from the it which happened to be his music device with a pair of earpods. He didn't had much to say about this. Other than that he'd be able to listen to the music if he wanted to.

Canteen that was filled with water. Same here. He didn't had much to say about this.

An empty journal with a competely new pen placed between the first pages. For the third time. There wasn't much he could say about this.

And the last thing that happened to be in that backpack was his phone. He pulled it out as soon as he spotted it and tried to turn it on, but nothing happened. He tried it a few more times, just to be sure, but his every attempt ended with the same familiar black screen remaining on his phone.

He sighed as he placed his phone back in the backpack, cursing himself mentally. He must have used up batteries earlier or forgot to recharge it. He stood up from his knee and picked up the backpack from the floor. He placed it on his shoulder and lowered his right hand down to pick up the bat.

He gripped the bat tightly and walked over to the window to take a good look around the area surrounding him, hoping that it will at least give him an idea about his current location. He poked his head through the window and it unfortunely raised more questions than answers. The entire area around him looked like it was abandoned for a long time.

Y/N visited a few abandoned places in his life with his friends to explore them, but he didn't recall any of them to even look similiar to this one. Maybe there was something wrong with his memory?

He rubbed the back of his head with his free hand in confusion and finally spoke up, to no one but himself, "Where the hell am I?"

Y/N knew that he wasn't going to get an answer if he remained in this building. He turned away from the window and exited the room. The other rooms of this apartament were very similiar to the one in which he just woke up. Maybe except for one, because it technically didn't exit anymore because at some point the floor collapsed on the lower floor.