One Night

I'm trying a new way to write this story so bear with me guys. From this point on, I'm not going to go in order, it's going to still flow as a story but the scenes will not be in order. Let me know if you like the idea. Enjoy!

Gotham, Once again was engulfed in rain and darkness. In the city of hurt souls, there was one soul that cried her heart out at the bay of Gotham. Alone and cold, no one to tell her 'it would be alright'. No one to sit by her, just so she knew she wasn't alone. The waves rose high as if they were demanding her attention.

"What's a beautiful lady like you doing all alone?" A deep yet soft voice sat down beside her. She refused to let the man see her tear filled face, ashamed of how pathetic she looked. The man simply sat there as she tried to pull herself together. She didn't look at him but she could feel his presence. A warm vibe.

"I like to come here when I have to clear my head or just need a break from life," he sighed. "Sometimes everything feels so overwhelming." The moon brightly illuminated the night allowing her to see his blond hair. He was a well built man yet he felt welcoming. His smoky grey eyes seemed to command the waves.

"I guess we're in the same boat," she whispered. His face twitched in surprise, he never expected her to reply. As if on cue, he turned to see her moving her wet curly locks out of her brown eyes. She was gorgeous even with her tear stained face and washed out makeup. She shivered as the north wind flew past them. He wished he had something warm to offer.

"Wanna grab a coffee?" she smiled at him. At her smile he had to keep his heart from beating out. Just a minute ago her eyes were filled with pain but now there was only hope and warmth. How could someone like her be from Gotham? Surely there must be a mistake. She dusted her jeans before offering him a hand. With a small smile, he gladly took it. In his hands it felt so fragile.

"Stop staring," she rolled her eyes, making him blush. God she would be the end of him. "I'm Jane by the way." A beautiful name for a beautiful woman. It was perfect for her.

"Arthur."

Perhaps this was the beginning of something beautiful?  

A/N: 

Like and comment!

💙💙
💙