Chapter 46

The match soon finished with Ryoma winning the match with a score of 4-6.

"Game and match, 4-6, Ryoma Echizen wins." The umpire declared.

"We won!!!" Momoshiro exclaimed as he pumped his fist into the air. Yuri smiled as she saw the regulars jumping about and rejoicing in their win. Finally, they had achieved their dreams of winning Nationals. Yuri went up to Ryoma who was slowly gaining his senses back.

"We won Ryoma," Yuri informed. Ryoma smiled and hugged her as she staggered back in surprise. They decided to have a large celebration at Kawamura's place.

On the way there, Eiji was very loquacious, but so was everyone else. Even Tezuka was talking with a small smile. He was letting his guard down a bit and that made Yuri smile.

Yuri then remembered that she was going to have her wedding with Ryoma in the states, but she didn't want to dampen the mood, so she decided to tell their parents, hoping that they'd tell the boys of the news.

Although, during their celebration a few hot topics were conversed about. Of course, the engagement and wedding was talked about most, due to the fact that it was the newest event that they'd focus on since Nationals were over.

Yuri was chatting with Fuji and Tezuka when Eiji popped a random question...

"How many kids do you guys want? Nya~" He asked randomly.

It caught the engaged couple off-guard and after processing his questions, their faces turned into shades of red. Catching everyone's attention, the others looked at the couple expectantly. This made Yuri blush even more but she mustered up what courage she had left to answer Eiji.

"I haven't t-thought about it because we're only highschoolers, b-but if I had to say...." Yuri stuttered, her gaze looking anywhere but their eager eyes, feeling pressured and nervous.

Ryoma noticed her uneasy state so he decided to be a man and bite the bullet for her...

"I wanted one to three kids," Ryoma answered nonchalantly. Everyone turned their attention to Ryoma with a shocked face. Ryoma wasn't very open about these sorts of things so hearing his answer took them by surprise.

Yuri decided to take a bit of the attention so Ryoma wasn't completely bombarded by questions and gave them a solid answer, "1-2 kids for me."

Everyone began joking around about how cute the kids would look or what their names would be. The more that the boys talked about the topics that related to Yuri and Ryoma's relationship, the more the couple would blush.

They decided to go out and have takoyaki as their extra celebratory treat. Yuri decided to pay for it, but Coach Ryuzaki beat her to it, paying for all ten of the deserts. "Yuri, you deserve to enjoy tonight as much as the other boys. Go have fun with them before you leave for America," she winked.

Yuri's eyes widened as she was about to ask when Ryuzaki had beat her to it, again, "Yes. I know of your departure and the wedding changes. I'll be there, just know that I haven't said anything to the others. Now, go have fun!" She gave Yuri a smile as she walked off to join the boys...

They hung out for a while before Yuri and Ryoma left to go home and pack. Yuri knew that the next few weeks were going to be hectic, seeing as she had a long and extensive list of things she had to do.

She had to find her wedding dress, plan out the guest list, find a suitable celebration room, where the wedding was going to be held, what the food entrees and menu would be, the theme of their wedding, dresses for her bridesmaids, who was going to be her maid of honor, and a whole bunch of other things. She was excited for it, but was dreading it at the same time. All she hoped for was that the boys would make an effort into attending.

Yuri felt that it was almost like a burden moving away from the boys, but she couldn't help it. Ryoma was invited to participate in a doubles tournament with Yuri and it was being held in the states. Ryoma and Yuri made it back home and immediately went to their room, grabbing a few suitcases to pack their belongings.

Yuri began to pack her clothing while Ryoma began packing their tennis equipment. Yuri knew that Ryoma was lazy when it came to packing, so Yuri decided to pack Ryoma's clothes as well. A few hours of packing later, Yuri and Ryoma were finished and coincidentally Rinko had finished dinner. Nanako, Ryoma's cousin, had called them down for dinner. They placed the suitcases by the door as they left their room to go down for supper.

Once they finished eating, they went back to their room to hang out for a bit before they had to go to bed. They chatted and played a few video games and such before Rinko had come into the room, telling them that they had to sleep.

They changed and soon cuddled under the covers as they drifted off to dreamland...

With the Boys...

The boys had all gone to their respective homes and were just entering when their parents had come to greet them...

"Welcome home (S/R/N [Seigaku Regulars Name])," their mom/dad greeted with a small smile.

"Hi Mom/dad," S/R/N greeted back.

It seemed like their parents were hiding something and they decided to bring it up...

"What's wrong? You look like you're hiding something," S/R/N stated.

Their parents took a deep breath before looking their son in the eye, telling them something they thought could only be a nightmare...

"Yuri and Ryoma are leaving for America..."

It was like something in their hearts had shattered and they tried to stay calm, "How long?"

"What do you mean?" their parents asked.

"H-How long until they leave?" S/R/N clarified. The parents had pity in their eyes as they gave the truthful answer...

"They're leaving in a week..."