𝑩𝑹𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

Her lips were turned down into a grimace as she held her binder against her thighs, her fingers fiddling with the crumpled edges of the paper jammed through the three rings. Shoulders slumped as she tried to curl in on herself to slip through the slim gaps between her peers. She let out a deep breath once she turned down the English hall and the amount of teenagers had diminished. The day had been more of a blur as her mind was still transfixed on the sunset run in with the mysterious boy. With a grunt, she pressed her back against the wall between two classroom doors and slid down until she hit the floor. Curling up her legs, she balanced her binder on top of her knobby knees and flipped open the ratted stickered covered front. The lined paper stared back at her with her messy scrawl on everything she assumed could have happened at the cemetery. She pursed her lips and slid her pencil from where it was dangerously close from slipping out of the small three rings. The plastic rubbed up against her ring finger as she placed the lead against the paper, trying to wrack her brain for ideas.

Nothing, nothing came to mind beside the three that were traced over multiple times as she had pondered them last night.

She's crazy

He's crazy

The third one had been scribbled out and she could barely make out the GHOST beneath the pen's scratches. Her fingers came to run through the knotted curls that refused to remain untangled, but her habit of playing with the strands didn't help her case. A low burst of air spilled past her lips as she started tapping her pencil across the page. Her head made a thudding noise as it tipped back to rest against it as the crowded hallways became quiet. The pep rally must have started, she thought after peaking around her secluded spot. Her eye twitched at the loud bass that started to echo throughout the hall and wrinkled her nose at the infamous tone of Carrie the Demon.

Darlene snorted at the nickname that she often heard one of her peers hastily whisper anytime the blonde was spotted in the school. Flynn, she believed her name was, had always been funny. They shared a history and math class, their last names near each other causing them to sit close enough to have an occasional conversation. Shaking her head at the painfully popish tune, she focused her attention back on the paper in her lap. He seemed too freaked out over the name of her uncle and it only got worse when she made the offhand comment about her two dead relatives. Either he knew them or maybe he was just startled by how blunt she was. He seemed too young to actually know them in person.

Maybe he's some long lost brother or he was adopted, she mused over with a sly smirk. Dropping the pencil and ignoring how it skidded off her knees, she ran a hand down her face with an irritated expression. Her thumb found itself near her lips and her teeth dug into the tender skin on the side of her nail. It helped her think, something she picked up from her mother when she was very young. The idea of being so much like her while she is no longer around makes the pain easier to manage. She's living through you, her father would tell her, just like uncle Alex is.