𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑶𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑫𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑯𝑶𝑳𝑳𝒀𝑾𝑶𝑶𝑫

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

this was not edited i am so sorry

She had to pinch herself to make sure she didn't just step into some weird Great Gatsby fantasy.

The hotel had an air of elegance, but almost an eerie one that caused her to grimace. It reminded her of what used to be the Tower of Terror and she had to stifle her laughter realizing it pretty much was as a dead dude ran it. Her eyes carefully trailed along the beige walls that almost seemed spotted with darker smudges and the delicate poster boards that guided them through horrorville. She nudged her uncle with her teeth digging to her teeth, huffing quietly as he barely spared her a glance when his lover boy was around. Dark eyes flickered over the railing where tables were spread across the polished black dance floor. The abundance of silver and blue hues caused her to feel as though she was a little too poor to be in such a regal club.

"All right, I gotta go make sure everything's cool, but I'll be right back." Willie promised with a charming smile that reminded her of a golden retriever.

She blinked as her finger jutted between her ribs and she jerked away from the touch, Reggie grinning as he gestured towards the club sign. Her lips parting at the HOLLYWOOD GHOST CLUB, the members only shining under the dazzling lights. She shivered and hugged her arms to her stomach, fiddling with the wide holes in her knitted sweater. Her nose wrinkled as they all shifted to peer over the railing properly. She felt slightly comforted at how the boys packed themselves tight to each of her sides, their elbows leaning against the railing.

"This place is creepy—" Darlene spat out as if it was a bad taste on her mouth, "Can we leave?"

Fingers fluttered across her lower back before disappearing before she could really register it. Her lips curled up faintly before they dropped back down, shaking her curls in a vigorous manner. Gaze turned towards Reggie, his words reassuring her that she wasn't the only one that didn't want to be here anymore. She trailed over the shimmering gowns and the mindless chatter with an uncomfortable twist in her stomach. She definitely didn't belong here.

"Well, if you get scared, you—" Alex trailed off when looking at her, "You can always hide behind me."

She smiled at his courage and parted her lips to thank him when he continued on, "I'll be hiding behind Luke."

Darlene couldn't help the laughter that came from her throat as she tried to conceal it with a groan of exasperation. Her uncle looked oddly serious and considering how much he hated confrontation, it made sense. She side eyed a scowling Luke from her right as he peered over her towards his bandmate, who happened to be her relative. Her lips quirked into a grin as she turned to lean her hip against the railing, her back facing Alex. Luke's head tilted slightly, almost absentmindedly as she turned her entire attention towards him without some kind of irritation gracing her features.