𝑼𝑵𝑺𝑨𝑰𝑫 𝑬𝑴𝑰𝑳𝒀

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

gosh this chapter rlly got me so emotional! its late, but school and work got me super busy, but not busy enough to update a chapter. its so crazy that i only have one more chapter to write, then i'll have to wait for season two for book two, amiright? i wanted to post this earlier but i had to rewatch the unsaid emily episode so i was crying.... a lot. anyways i really love seeing your guy's comments sm its my favorite thing to look down at my phone and see them, it really makes my day tbh. also i was in a tiktok fanfic rec and let me tell you i lost my marbles when i saw it, its crazy! anyways i appreciate you all so much for being so patient and enjoying darlene charlotte james as much as i do. enjoy!

Darlene hated being alone, that much she knew and she also knew this was all on her this time.

She was barely able to get herself home and had left her car abandoned sitting in front of the Molina's as her embarrassment and mortification prevented her from gathering the courage to retrieve it. Both from the way she blew up on Luke, even if he was merely trying to help her out when she was literally crying on the sidewalk and how she pretty much admitted she had feelings for the ghoul like boy. Her heart ached, it physically pulsed in agony and begged to see those mossy eyes that constantly made it pound against her ribcage. Her head turned until it was buried in her abundance of pillows and screamed, her teeth scraping against the cover.

You see, she had the most horrible habit of allowing a moment to overwhelm her and it always led to her snapping. It was like clockwork, she just couldn't handle social interaction for so long before she began to panic that she'll do something wrong. Then low and behold, she'll really do something wrong because she refused to speak upon her feelings and allow them to boil over until it explodes. She was so glad it was Saturday, that she didn't have to face Flynn or Julie at school.

Julie, she thought miserably. Darlene had struggled to open herself up to the girl and offered to be her shoulder of support, yet here she is. Throwing tempertatrums over Luke possibly liking her more than he could have ever liked Darlene. Her tensed muscles relaxed as she bemusedly thought she could possibly suffocate like this. Not have to deal with the aftermath of her possibly ruining any friendship she may have with the boys and Julie. Luke just always found a way to get under her skin, make her stomach tremble with phantom butterflies and make her skin bloom like a rose petal when he casually brushed his hand against her. This was why she stayed away from nearly everyone after the fiasco in her sophomore year and especially avoided opening up in any way that made her vulnerable.