𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑳𝑳𝒀 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑬

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

i apologize this is late and probably horrible, but i have college things to do this week so bare with me <3

Darlene didn't sleep very well, that much she would admit.

She couldn't help, but play back the day as she laid in bed in the early hours of the morning. She felt so unbearably guilty for technically standing Julie up as the James knew how rough the past few weeks had been. Julie was kicked out of the music program, then found ghouls that used to play in a band, fought tooth and nail to get back into the music program with their help and they all just blew it because of that magician. Her face was often dug into her pillow as she groaned or huffed into the material. Her brain wouldn't shut off and she still felt the lingering effects of whatever sucker punch that decided to hit her after the argument.

That's it, she thought as she hauled herself out of bed. She was going to march her ass right to Julie's house before she could leave for school and apologize. Darlene was going to tell her everything that happened with Caleb and why things got so muddled, that she didn't mean to get off track like the boys. She just hated that she finally found friends that genuinely cared and liked her and she had ruined it. Her hair was thrown into a sloppy bun that would more than likely fall out before she could even make it school. A long sleeve and jeans were thrown on next before she was jamming her feet into her beat up converse. Keys jangled and coffee sloshed in her travel mug as she made her way to the car.

The Molina residents always looked so cozy and warm, a stark difference from the pristine gleam of her own. Her palms sweat against the steering wheel and she had to wipe them against her thighs before sucking in a deep breath. She could do it, she knew she could. She had to march up to her and force her to listen. Glancing at her own darkened gaze in the rearview mirror, she nodded to her reflection and grimaced at the dark bags beneath her eyes. Chugging down the remaining bits of her coffee, she got out of the car and decided to check the garage first.

She stood on her tippy toes and peaked through the small windows that were etched into the barn like doors. Her eyes flickered around to look for the curly headed junior, but it seemed like no one was there. Closing her eyes, she sighed and pushed her baby hairs out of her face. I guess the main house is where i'll have to go, she thought with unease. She had never been inside the main house as she was barely really ever around Julie unless the boys were, which meant the garage is the only thing she was around most. Hands grabbed her waist and hauled her through the barn doors causing her to shriek. She curled up as the arm was still hooked around her stomach as her back was pressed against a vibrating chest. Laughter bloomed in the room as she pinched at the arm until the laughter turned into hissing before it was finally removed. She turned around with a fiery gaze and an exasperated sigh.