𝑭𝑳𝒀𝑰𝑵 𝑺𝑶𝑳𝑶

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰

This was one big joke.

She had barely paid attention to any of the customers that wandered through the store as she lazily sat on the stool behind the register. Her toes were numb from how hard she had pressed them against the bar that supported them as she couldn't exactly touch the ground. There was a grimace on her lips as she clicked on the mouse, afraid of what would happen if anyone even tried to resurface the computers browsing history. Shady supernatural sites glared back at her through the digital screen and she groaned in frustration as she clicked out of the poorly made webpage. A false smile falling on her lips that was more sheepish than it was genuine as a lady gave her a dirty look. Her knee bounced to the rickety radio that was barely able to produce enough sound to cover the entire store. It was faint and often played more oldies than it did anything else. Her regulars enjoyed it though, but that could be because they were quite literally the age of her grandparents and the music playing.

Darlene smiled brightly as the lady began to speak of her daughter, who had gotten her art into a gallery that night and that she was ecstatic to see her work. She nodded along to the proud babbling as she inputted the item numbers of the few shirts that the lady was purchasing. She sincerely wished the lady and her daughter luck while walking her out as the clock chimed to it's lucky seven. Shaking hands with the biggest smile she could muster, she opened the door for the lady before glancing around the emptied sidewalk for any sight of the orange topped boy. Her eyes rolled as nothing was found and locked the door after letting it close. He could knock when he arrived, if he even did. Gliding towards the static like radio, she jammed her thumb into the default CD button. A grin spread across her cracked lip as she began to go down the aisles of the hole in the wall shop. Her head bopping along to the heavy beat of the drums and the deep vibrations of the bass. However, she stopped in her tracks once the lead guitarist came in and she couldn't help but mimic the chords near her torso. Her air guitar session came to a dramatic close as she was buried beneath her wild unruly hair and found her back connecting with a warm body.

She screamed as loud as she possibly could, her voice cracking as she stumbled into the racks of clothing and tried to push through it. Fingers wrapped around her bicep and tugged her from being swallowed whole by worn out clothing. Her throat was dry as she snapped her gaze to the crinkled eyes of the beanie boy. Huffing, she gingerly removed her arm from his grasp and stood straight while smooth her shirt back down.

"You totally shredded that." He grinned while his stare caused her cheeks to flush.

Grumbling, she peaked up at him, "How the hell did you get in here, the doors locked."