CHAPTER 4

The real happiness when children are around you is like the most genuine emotion.

Looking at a child while he/she does their things, so innocently and so carefreely makes a smile appear on your face automatically.

I laugh with Ayansh when he defeats Jay.

Jay look at us with a frown while we laugh more loudly and hi-fi each other.

Who would have thought that the school captain would lose the game of snake and ladder by his 5-year old brother?

Of course, no one.

Our parents are sitting in the living room while we three are in Jay and Ayansh room.

Their room is in the Black and white combination. The bunk bed is on one corner while a study table is on the other side in front of a window.

 The bunk bed is on one corner while a study table is on the other side in front of a window

One corner has toys, and a small table which I assume is a play area for Ayansh. Besides that, the door was there, which leads to the balcony.

Besides the study table, there is a shelf which has both boy's photo frame, awards and medals. Conclusion: I love their room.

Ayansh is such a sweetheart, plus I am happy that he got along with me. He is talking to me very comfortably like we have not just met for the first time.

For me, being an only child was a blessing and a curse.

I got to enjoy my life of solitude. But I would have loved the company of my sibling. It feels good to have someone around all the time.

"Kiyu di," I turn to Ayansh as he calls me.

"Yes?"

"Bhai is teasing me," he points to Jay.

I fake gasp at him, "Jay, don't tease him. He is such a good boy, and it was your fault, you lost the game."

Ayansh smile at me and ignores Jay.

Jay hiding his smile at his reaction, turns towards me, "Hey, it was not my fault. I let him win."

"Nope, you don't let him win, he wins it by himself. At least you have a sweet sibling to play games with."

"You can take him with you. Then, you will know how sweet he is," Jay tells in a sarcastic voice.

"Hey! He is sweet," Ayansh smile at me at the compliment and once again goes back to ignoring Jay.

Just then, Jhanvi Aunty enters, "It is time for dinner."

I smile at her when she asks me, "Are you enjoying, Kiara?"

"Yes, Aunty. Especially with Ayansh, it was hard not to enjoy."

"Hey, I am also a good company," Jay whine like a kid.

It is surprising to see this side of his which is so carefree and comfortable. At least he was getting comfortable with me.

I laugh and wave my hand, "You sure are."