7 - Supportive Hug

<Jin POV>

Just as I had put on my lab coat, I noticed a group of people huddled up near the reception. It got me curious since there was barely anyone at their assigned workstations.

"So, it's just this guy in the ER. Some of the nurses were saying that he's a bit... well... creepy."

"Creepy, how?"

"Well..." she hesitated, but continued anyway, "the nurses said that he was flirting with them and tried to touch them inappropriately."

That wasn't good. If rumours were to spread about a patient molesting the staff, it could cause havoc. For all we knew, he was just in shock from the accident. As much as we need to take this seriously, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Amid everything, I loudly cleared my throat to get their attention.

"Good morning, everyone." I said assertively, "do we not have patients to take care of today? Why are we just standing around?"

Without so much as uttering another word, they all bowed and left with their tails between their legs. Sana was left alone with a slightly embarrassed look on her face since she was the centre of it all.

Just as I had sat down in my office, life had to disturb my peace once more. There was a loud knock on the door in a fun manner. Before I could even answer, he walked in.

"Seokjin. Hey. What's up?"

"Dr Jeong. Good morning," I said, trying to keep out professional status.

"We're alone. Hobi is fine, man." He chimed, to which I chuckled at our familiarity. "I came to ask if you know anything about Mr Kang from ER?"

"Kang?" I asked, "Who is that?"

"He's one of the accident patients from yesterday," he spoke, sounding a bit distressed, "some rumours are going around. I'm sure you've heard them."

"Well, yeah, I have," I spoke confusedly, nodding to him gently, "why are you asking me though?"

"Oh, I just thought that you would know more since your old intern is in charge of him." He spoke out playfully, not showing a hint of worry, "do me a solid and try to keep the rumours on the down-low?"

With that, he walked out like there was nothing wrong, not even waiting for a response. As for Choi Y/n, I almost feel sorry for her. It was only her first week and she'd already dealt with so much. Life was not being kind to her.

~•=•~•=•~•=•~•=•~•=•~
25 minutes later
~•=•~•=•~•=•~•=•~•=•~

What I was doing on the other end of the hospital, only lord knows. I'm a paediatrician for Pete sake. Before I knew it, I was standing outside of the entrance to the ER unit.

After clearing my head, I decided that I would just check in on the ER, but it isn't for her, it's for all of the nurses that were complaining about it. Not for her at all.

That's what I tried to convince myself, at least.

I was looking around for him when 'she' caught my attention. Y/n was in a room checking the vitals of a patient. The view struck me as a bit profound. She looked so professional and in her element. It made me wonder whether Yoongi was right about her. Perhaps I was too hard. I didn't give her a fair chance to prove herself and I didn't help her with her shortcomings.

Just as I was about to walk away to continue my search for Yoongi, I noticed in my peripheral vision that she took an abrupt step backwards. I saw her taking a deep breath in and continued her work. With every second that passed, her posture grew more and more awkward.