10 - Between 6 & 9

<Jin POV>

"Don't go." I said, impulsively grabbing onto her right hand.

A loud hiss of pain had left her mouth. I realised that I grabbed her injured hand, but it didn't matter to me at that moment. Her phone had already fallen to the ground. Usually, someone's response would be to rush for the phone and make sure that the screen isn't cracked. This was not the case.

She was too distracted by my hand that so casually held hers. It was soft. Her skin felt delicate and warm. There was a noticeable burn mark, but it didn't affect the beauty. I felt as though I was melting underneath her honey-smooth skin.

"Don't go?" She echoed, finally coming to her senses and jerking her hand away, "Why? I bet I can drink more than any of them there!"

"That's not the point,"I trailed on, picking up the phone that had fallen victim to my outburst. "Just don't go."

"Give me a good reason why I shouldn't go!" She argued, grabbing her phone out of my grasp.

A good reason. She wanted a good reason. I didn't even know why I didn't want her to go. I just knew that I was uncomfortable with the idea of her drunk and gallivanting.

"How can you go out with a burned hand like that?" I argued, trying to hide the fact that I had no good reason.

"Well if you knew it was painful, why would you grab it like that?"

Her hand still looked as though it should have been bandaged. It was still swollen and had a light red glow on her palm. But who am I to tell her what to do. Not like I'm a doctor or anything.

"Well, what about you almost dying when you drank last week Sunday!" I fought back.

"That was because it was my first drink in five years!"

"who's to say that you won't overdo it again?" I hissed, "I don't want to see you half-dead in the ER again!"

"I know my limit! okay? and I said a good reason!" She crossed my arms over her chest, feeling like she had won the argument.

"Fine! You'd be the only female there! There's your good reason!" I suddenly shouted.

She looked as though she had come to a realisation of sorts. That was when I realised the real reason that I didn't want her to go. It had clicked in both her head and mine.

"Are you jealous?" She asked, trying to understand my motives. "If you're jealous, then you should just come along."

I wouldn't know, but I'm fairly certain my ears began turning pink at that point.

"Right," I scoffed, "because a resident drinking with interns is normal"

Later that night, after taking a walk downstairs to get mail, I found myself walking slower past her apartment door. I could almost smell the aromatic fragrance of her perfume. It could have been a subliminal message forcing me to smell it, but it was sweet and almost enticing.

Browsing through my mail, as fate would have it, there was a letter in the batch that did not belong to me. The number 6 and 9 can be so disastrous. It was addressed to the number 6 apartment.

By just staring at the name on the letter, I found myself thinking of her; wondering what she was going to do and with whom she would do it. She was just a colleague - a normal intern just as I once was. Despite this, the thought of her being alone with males made me more and more uneasy.

There I stood, outside of her apartment. I just waited there, flapping the sealed envelope around.

Before I could find the courage to knock, she had emerged, leaving me dumbfounded by her outfit. Shorts that merely covered the top of her thigh. Noticing my presence, she turned to the side, pulling the door shut with her neatly tied converse sneakers. Her hair was tied up into a high pony, exposing her collarbone under the loosely hung white tee.