15

Today's schedule was mostly composed of physical activities - our Senseis had informed us that we were free to choose any sport of our liking, although we could only play until the school bell rings.

I was excited for the announcements to be made during our afternoon classes. After all, today's the day they'll be finally announcing the top notchers of each class, "Oi, Kimura-san. You keep spacing out, don't you wanna play?" My classmate Hanami snapped her fingers in front of my face, trying to divert my attention to herself. She frowned and placed the volleyball ball between her right arm and her waist, [A/N: I have no idea how to describe that more effectively. Gomenasai T^T]

"Right, sorry.." I snapped out of my thoughts and practiced my receives with Hanami. She would often compliment my skills on playing the sport, from time to time, she also tries to convince me on considering her offer of joining the girls' volleyball team.

She was the school council's Vice President, the type boys would buy chocolates for on Valentine's day, heck, maybe even on a regular day too - sometimes I even feel like asking her why she still chooses to hang out with me when almost literally everybody in school dislikes me,

"Care to tell me what's wrong?" She asked, without removing her eyes from the ball that was bouncing back and fourth between us, "It's not worth getting into really.." she only hummed in response.

After a good 30 minutes of practicing our receives, she encouraged me to practice on my spikes while nobody else from other classes was around. Of course I was against this - but I just couldn't say no to her.

I stood at the end of the line in preparation of running towards the ball. Once I gave Hinami a sign of approval, she fixed her posture and tossed the ball towards my direction. I ran towards the direction of the ball and jumped to my fullest extent. I closed my eyes tight, and at the back of my head secretly hoped that the ball and my hand would meet.

I focused all my strength on my palm and fingers, perfectly executing a powerful spike towards the opposite side of the court. Hinami smiled at me in amazement. After that, we decided to practice on our spikes a little more.

[Shinsuke POV]

I decided to show up during afternoon classes as I wasn't feeling quite well when I woke up this morning. My teammates almost immediately spotted me approaching the court and altogether heaved a sigh of relief, "We really thought you were gonna ditch us today," Aran said,

I grinned in response, "No, how could I-"

Before I could even finish, a loud slamming sound emerged from the court. I was almost too certain that no one else was inside -

I stepped inside the court and saw Keiko.

She was standing in the middle, tying her hair up. The light reflected onto her sweat-drenched skin, and her uniform perfectly hugged her figure. I suddenly felt an unfamiliar tight feeling in my chest.

As if all that wasn't enough to leave me in shock, Hinami - whose presence I really did not notice at all, tossed the ball upwards. Keiko then paced up and jumped at an amazing height, her eyes were shut tight but her body seemed to know all that was going on in the court.

Then, with great precision and force, she spiked the ball towards the opposite side of the court. The sound of the ball hitting against the floor satisfied me way more than it should have. Or like how Atsumu would probably describe it - It felt like it was the perfect spike for the perfect toss.

I looked over at my teammates to see if they too had witnessed the scene that had just happened. I smirked to myself when I saw their mouths hanging low, I averted my gaze to Atsumu and noticed the hint of redness in his cheeks while he smiled widely and his eyes glistened in pure adoration.

"That was amazing!"

[Keiko POV]

I looked to the right and noticed the whole boys' volleyball team cheering for me. I lightly smiled and was about to respond to Atsumu's compliment when I suddenly remembered Shinsuke's advice from last night,

"I suggest you watch out for Atsumu as well,"

His voice kept playing in my head like a broken record. I turned my gaze to Shinsuke; his arms were folded and his expression didn't say much - but he knew of what I had in mind, it was clear as day,

I decided to rest on one of the benches placed on the opposite side of the court. Hinami excused herself as she had to use the restroom. I wiped my sweat off and glugged down my bottle of water.

After a few minutes, Hinami came back and handed me another bottle of water from the vending machine, "Thanks," I lightly smiled at her and placed it in my bag,

"Nami-chan~" I looked over to the person standing behind Hinami, and to my surprise, it was no other than Marina.

Hinami clicked her tongue and took a big step away from the blonde, "Oh? What's wrong.. don't you wanna play with me?" She chuckled and dribbled the ball against the floor, "I certainly don't. Not with a low-life like you,"

This made Marina feel even more amused, she placed her fingers on her chin and averted her gaze to me, "How about you?"

I wouldn't be so confident if I were you, bitch.

Hinami intentionally bumped herself onto the blonde's shoulders and pulled me away from the scene. I carefully forced myself out of her grip which only made her more confused,

"I'm gonna teach her a lesson," I sternly stated,

"Kimura-san,"

"You have no idea how dangerous that woman can be,"