35

Last week was a crazy rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. Rumor has it, Marina was forcefully removed from the list of Student Council Officers. The head admins found out about what she had done to me and got really furious about it. Today marks her first day of suspension out of a long full week, of course, including the students she had bribed to help her out in doing the deed.

kawaiiichika
where are u >:((

kimurakeiko
Just got out of club

Why?

kawaiiichika
u've been mia lately !!

kimurakeiko
I'll visit you when I can

I promise

kawaiiichika
i won't accept ur apology unless u bring ice cream with u

kimurakeiko
I'm not apologizing though

kawaiiichika
choke ❤️

-

"Whatcha doin?" Atsumu asked, slightly crouching down to get a good look at my screen. I slipped the phone in my pockets, grabbing my backpack afterwards, "Just Ichika," I replied, not bothering to bat him an eye.

"Hmm.. alright,"

"Let's go, then?"

I looked over at him, "Oh.. I'm going to the café,"

"Thought you were only supposed to go there during weekends?" He questioned, a hint of curiosity and concern in his voice, "It's Ito-san's birthday today. I figured I'd visit him," His brows went up in surprise, "I'll come with you too then," I shrugged and looked at him with a look that said 'suit yourself'.

While I was walking with him in silence, I noticed how he would take frequent glances at me from time to time, "What?" I spoke, my voice slightly hinting a tone of annoyance, "You wore it today," I shot him a confused look when I realized what he was trying to point out. I held the pendant in my hands, "Thank you, by the way,"

"Hmm? Who said it was for free?" He teased, "What do you want?" I looked at him, annoyed. He slightly crouched down to meet my gaze at an eye level and playfully poked his cheek with a huge grin on his lips, "Just a peck~"

I looked at him in disbelief. His shoulders were visibly shaking due to his attempts in trying to hold back his laughter. I heaved a sigh and flicked his forehead. I carried on walking and quietly chuckled to myself after hearing him curse under his breath,

"So.. what do you plan on doing after college?" He asked, his tone serious.

"I don't know. Maybe something interesting,"

"Doctor?"

"No"

"Lawyer?"

"No"

"Uh.. A diener?"
[A/N: for those who don't know what a diener is, it's a morgue worker slash person who's responsible for handling and moving dead bodies]

I chuckled, "Funny, but no,"

"Then what?"

I pondered right then and there - what do I wanna become, anyway? Rather, who do I wanna become someday? I haven't really thought well about it since I've already convinced myself that I'm fine with basically any job, "Something.."

"Something interesting, maybe.."

"Something different," I looked over at him and saw a serene smile on his lips, "I'm sure you'll figure it out one day," He assured.

"What about you?"

"Mmm.. I don't know,"

"I guess I just wanna be in the court for the rest of my life," He chuckled, folding his arms and resting it on his nape, "I can see it," I teasingly smiled at him. Our moment was later on interrupted by the buzzing noise coming from his phone, "Oh,"

"I'll just take this,"

I nodded, patiently waiting as I stretched my limbs out while looking at the near cafê's signage. A particular figure walking out of the café caught my attention. I watched as my uncle hurriedly crossed the street with a familiar-looking woman in his arms.

I have never seen my uncle this happy.. and it only left me wanting to know more about who this special girl was. Although, something about it was too unsettling. I took a few steps closer to get a good look..

A familiar black hair that was dark as the night waving in the wind,

A familiar figure,

A familiar smile..

...

Mom?

I slowly stepped back as I felt my knees grow weak by each passing minute.

I watched as my father's best friend lovingly wrapped his arms around my mother to pull her in for a kiss.

Each passing second I stood in place was a stab in my heart. I was there, watching my mother melt into the arms of another man.

My vision then became blurry, the pain only tightened around my chest even more after realizing the unexpected turn of events unfold right in front of me.

I tried to get as far as I could despite my wobbly legs. I felt my body collapse onto something, but I couldn't fully make it out because of the tears filling up my eyes. I wrapped my arms around the familiar figure, fully surrendering myself, "P-Please get me out of here.."

I was back again in my hometown I eventually grew to love. Stuck onto the ceiling were a bunch of glow in the dark stars. On top of my study desk were a pile of children's storybooks.

Although, everything was hazy.

I flinched at the sudden noise that disrupted the peaceful silence within the walls of our home. I walked towards where the noise seemed to be coming from.

I carefully peeked through the open door of our kitchen.

"Don't leave.. please!" I watched as my father tightly wrapped his arms around my mother's legs, his crying gradually turned to wailing. My mother could only gloom and look at my father with a look of revolt on her face.

And there it was again,

The familiar piercing pain puncturing through my chest,

My first heartbreak.