26

I settled down onto one of the chairs in our dining room. The atmosphere thickened with each passing minute, and my hands quivered at the thought of what might possibly be the cause of mom's anger that she had to talk it out with me. She leaned on the countertop and took a sip of wine from her glass while eyeing me, "I heard about your grades,"

My heart skipped a beat.

I kept my head down and tightly closed my eyes, "I-I'm sorry, I'll do better," She lightly smiled at this and placed her glass down on the table, "That's not it, Keiko,"

"I'm proud of you,"

"I truly am,"

I looked up at her, confused, "R-Really?!" She smiled and nodded. I got up from my chair and wrapped my arms tightly around her.

I don't like hugging people, even if it's my own mother, but I somewhat felt the need to hold her under my embrace. Hearing those words calmed me and genuinely made me feel happy.

She placed her hands on my back and patted it. After a few minutes, I let her go. I didn't know what to say anymore, and so there was silence again between us, but it wasn't awkward nor suffocating, "Is there anything I can do to reward you for your excellence?"

I then thought of every little thing I've been wanting to buy for a long time. I couldn't tell her to buy me a new guitar, she would hate me for that.. Books, maybe? A new bag? A new plant?

No. None of these seem worth it..

And then, an idea suddenly popped in my head.

I looked up at her, "Can I come to our camp retreat?"

-

kawaiiichika
WAIT so ure coming ??

ARE U FR 😭😭😭

kimurakeiko
Yes

rintarou_suna
that's great then

so what's the plan?

kawaiiichika
ok BUT first of all

keiko

bring a swimsuit 👁👅👁

kimurakeiko
No i'd rather choke

kawaiiichika
DO U REALLY WANNA SWIM
IN UR SKINNY JEANS NERD ???

kimurakeiko
Tf u mean swim

kawaiiichika
its a beach resort !!!!

kimurakeiko
Wait so atsumu was telling the truth

rintarou_suna
oooh, he really walked you home, i see

i thought you guys were
'ignoring' each other

kawaiiichika
u obviously like each other

just cut the crap and kiss kiss
fall in love istg

kimurakeiko
First of all, I do not like him.

I do not feel any sort of attraction to him whatsoever.

Even if I did, I have no plans on dating him.

rintarou_suna
so you like him

kimurakeiko
But I have no plans on dating him

Wait no shit

That didn't come out right

kawaiiichika
BIIIITCH OH MY
FUCKINGBGOOOOOD 😭👏👏👏

rintarou_suna
congratulations

-

The day of the camp retreat finally came. Ichika, Suna, and I went out to during the weekends to get ourselves some food to bring for the camp retreat. I specifically told them I had to get myself my own food since there are a  good number of things I'm allergic to. I patiently waited for our sensei to address my name, an indication that it was time for us to step inside the bus.

Once my name was called, I stepped inside the bus and proceeded to settle my other belongings on the upper compartment. Kita stepped inside the bus while searching for his seat number. I smiled to myself and waved my hands up for him to see. Both our last names started with K, and so we had to sit with each other.

He lightly smiled and walked towards me. Behind him was Hinami searching for her seat number as well. She took notice of my presence and smiled almost immediately when she did, "Keiko-san!" She sprinted towards me, but only ended up bumping into Shinsuke. He looked at me, then smiled at Hinami. He turned his back against us and sat on the opposite side of the bus.

I leaned my head against the window, slowly falling into a deep slumber once the bus started moving.