My Neighboring Goddess

"W-where am I?"

Looking around I saw that I was in some sort of chamber or cave that had one huge hole on one side of the room. But what stood out the most to me was a baby that was quietly laying in the middle of the room.

"The hell? What's a baby doing here?"

As I slowly approach the baby. I soon noticed that there was some kind of barrier that was separating me from the baby.

"Is this some kind of forcefield?"

Knowing that it was useless to keep trying to get to the baby. I stopped for a while and instead looked for a way to escape path. My attempts at this ended in complete failure as there were no noticeable holes or water streams.

"Heh. Should I try digging with my bare hand?"

This was a joke of course, since who in their right mind would dig rocks with their bare hands? Anyways, I turned back to my attention to the baby in the middle of room. Though I wasn't sure. I felt that the baby was connected to how I even got to this place in the first place.

But that does bring a question to my mind. Who am I? All I remember is my name and nothing else.

*Sigh*

As I began to rack my brain on how to procced forward. I suddenly heard the baby starting to wail.

"W-What's wrong?"

I quickly got up and scanned to see if anything was wrong with the baby. But I didn't I didn't spot any anomalies or out of the norm. Everything looked completely fine...

Then why do I suddenly feel unease?

As if some entity heard my call. I suddenly heard noises from the open hole that resided across from the room. It was there when I woke up and I did try to explore it. But for some reason I would always feel this sense of fear and danger whenever I got close. 

Which was I decided to go against exploring it until I knew more things....But...

"W-what the hell is that?!"

Three unknown creatures exited the hole and the light from somewhere within the room showed their disgusting form.

It was some sort of abomination that looked like a mixed of a rat and dog that had been fused together. Wait, how do I know what a rat and dog looks like?

"SCREE!!!"

"Stay away!"

I held out my hands as if telling the creatures to stay away from me. Which somehow worked? But then their eyes soon glanced over to the baby in the middle of the room. I wasn't sure why, but I had a feeling that I needed to protect the baby. It was instinct told me that the baby was somehow my lifeline and if I let her die here. Then that would mark the end of me.

*Clenches teeth*

"Hey! Assholes!" 

Shouting out to the three creatures. I managed to divert their attentions to me. Though at this point I was stumped on what I should do next.

"You wanna pick on someone! Then pick on me!"

At that point I really didn't know what to do, but it worked a bit too well. As the three creatures soon started rushing me with their mouths opened. I knew that I had to fight back. But I who had no combat experiences before could only rush forward with my fist ready to pound them down.

My right fist collide with the first one creature, which seemed to killed him instantly since it's body was disintegrating in thin air after falling to the ground. But I knew that the fight was far from over was the other two soon now cautious of me began to circle me.