Chapter 5 - Never Have I Ever

We all got out of the car after Head found a park about 10 minutes away from the bar we were going to. As we started walking in the direction of the bar, Jon threw his arm around me. "I'm really glad you're here," he whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

I stretched up and whispered back, "me too".

"Okay, I've got something to say," Fieldy announced, "I'm gonna have to be selfless and let you have her Jon. We all know she wants me more. But, Mia, you have to find a way to live without me, you'll have to live through the pain," Fieldy said

"Really nice of you Fieldy," Jon said with a laugh, his arm still around me

"I'm serious though, you guys look good together," Fieldy said

"Are you sure we're going in the right direction?" Munky asked Head

"Yeah man, it's just up there. I think."

We finally got to the bar and Jonathan left the group with Munky to order some drinks. The rest of us found a booth to sit in. Fieldy and David started bantering about something stupid and Head sat there, staring out at the other people in the bar. Head seemed a bit shy, he was not as loud and hectic as the other guys. Definitely still fun to be around, though. Fieldy and David were now laughing so hard they weren't making any noise. They were rocking back and forth, hitting the table and every now and then, gasping for air. It was the kind of laughing that made you laugh.

"What are they laughing about?" I asked Head

"I'm pretty sure I overheard them talking about this one time we were playing a set in our hometown, and a bunch of people we went to school with were in the crowd. In particular, there was some childhood nemesis of Jon's in the front row, and Jon wanted to sort of show them how he's successful and like, prove that he wasn't a loser or whatever. He got so into the show, being aggressive and jumping around, he didn't even realise when it started raining. There was some stuff on the stage that got really slippery, and Jon completely stacked it. Basically did a backflip and landed on his head, and then he passed out. It didn't help that he was drunk out of his mind- I mean we all were- but you know. He was embarrassed, but he finished the set like it didn't even happen. Afterwards, he made us promise not to bring it up again. Whoops"

"Hey, you promised you wouldn't talk about that again" Jonathan cried out as he neared the booth, carrying 4 drinks. "These drinks are all mine now, you can go get your own for that," he said, pouting.

"I never promised anything," I pointed out

"Fair, you can have one," he said, putting one in my hand

"It's not even that bad. I've had way worse happen to me" I said, taking a sip

"Yeah, at the time it happened I was so insecure about my music and I still felt like that little kid everybody picked on, so I just didn't want people to know because I wanted to be this other person. But I'm cool with who I am now. What happened to you?"

"I can tell you all my stories of torment another time. I think that's the band we came to see?" I asked, pointing to the band setting up their instruments.

"Yep, that's them," Fieldy said. They started playing their first song, and they weren't bad. Just a little mellow for my taste. We listened to the band and talked for a few hours at the bar, and the guys and I started getting closer. They were so easy to hang around with, they made me laugh and always had something to talk about. By the end, I started getting annoyed with the loud noise of the bar.

"You wanna get out of here?" Jon asked me

"Yeah," I said

"Okay. You can stay at mine tonight if you want?"