Chapter 11 - He's not okay

It had been a few days since the family dinner, and I was surprisingly okay. I was in a good place, all things considered. Jonathan was always there for me so I never felt alone, and I wasn't even thinking about my mother anymore. I had happiness in my life at this point, so I didn't want to let anything ruin it. 

Jon was in the studio with the boys, and they were recording the last song on the new album today. So while I had a moment alone, I decided to do some work on my assignments for uni but just as I sat down, I got a call from Jon.

"Hey, what's up?" I answered

"HEYYYYY MIA" I heard all the boys voices

I laughed, "hey guys"

They were all still yelling, but I could hear Jon's soft voice over the noise, "We've got some great news!"

"What is it?" I asked

"Come down to the studio!" Munky yelled and then I heard Fieldy yell, "Yeah, get down here girl!"

"Are you guys drinking?" I asked with a laugh

"Um, maybe... but you should definitely still come," Jon said, "I miss you"

"We saw each other this morning" I laughed

"Exactly. Far too long ago" he said. I looked at the clock; it was 2 in the afternoon.

"Alright, I'll be there soon"

"Do you want me to come and pick you up?" Jon asked

"You're definitely not driving right now Jon," I warned

"Nah, nah I can drive, I'm only a couple drinks in. I'm good," He slurred

"No Jon. Do not get in that car," I plead, suddenly worried. I yell for Head over the phone, and then Munky, Fieldy and David, but none of them can hear me. 

"Jon, put me onto Head" I demand

"Okay, okay, but get down here quickly," he said

"What's up, Mia?" I heard Head's voice.

"Please don't let Jon drive. Take his keys incase. I'm coming down now" 

"No problems, see you soon," He said and hung up. 

I drove down to the studio, nervous about what I would find when I opened that door. I've never seen Jon that drunk, so I was not sure what to expect. The boys said he was a bit of a mean drunk, but I didn't think Jon would be like that. I parked my car outside and walked up the steps to their studio room. I opened the door to find them playing beer pong on the coffee table. As I closed the door behind me, the boys all looked up and saw me there. They bounced over to me, all smothering me with hugs, especially Jon. 

"What's going on guys? Why are you drinking at 2:30 in the afternoon?"

"We finished recording today!" Munky exclaimed

"Oh, that's great! When does the album come out?" I asked, excited

"Not for a pretty long time, but we don't have to come here every day anymore!" Fieldy said

I turned to Jon, "I'm so proud of you" 

"Awww you're adorable" Jon took my hand and led me to the beer pong table. "Alright. Your turn," he said

"Alright, but I can't drink because I'm driving," I told him.

"That's no fun! We can pick up your car in the morning"

"Nah, it's okay. I can drive us home afterwards"

I took my shot and landed it straight in one of the cups. Everyone cheered and chanted for Munky to drink. Then Munky took a shot and sunk it in Jon's cup, so Jon skulled the Jack Daniels. Everybody laughed as he choked and it went back into the cup.