Chapter 16- The Beginning Of The End

This chapter is a little bit of a filler but the next one will be coming soon so don't worry! Thanks for your patience everyone:) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, the boys were kicking off their tour with the first show- and this would be exciting if not for the fact that we all got so drunk last night that none of us could even get out of bed.

In fact, I was the only one who hadn't vomited my guts up at any point in the night. Jon had forced himself to vomit for the benefit of drinking more, and for some reason, I was the only one who found this concerning. He was still asleep next to me, snoring louder than usual. I slowly lifted myself into a sitting position and looked around the room. 'Holy shit', I thought. There were chicken nuggets literally everywhere. On the bed, on the floor, in Jon's hair- everywhere. To my knowledge, we didn't even leave the hotel last night, so I had literally no idea how they got there. Deciding that my head hurt too much to think about this, I finally rolled out of bed and went to get a cup of coffee and some pain killers. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw that the rest of the boys were passed out all over the lounge room floor, and Head was on the kitchen floor. Great.

Head looked extremely uncomfortable with his face pressed into the kitchen tiles, so I tried to shake him awake. With both my hands I shook him and gave his face a little slap but he wouldn't wake up, so I grabbed a glass of water and poured some on his face. His eyes shot open and he tried to shelter his face from any further attacks.

"What the hell?" He yelled, but he was still slurring.

"Head, you gotta get off the kitchen floor," I helped him to his feet, and then walked him to the couch. "There you go, buddy," I said as I lay him on the couch where he immediately passed out again.

I got myself a cup of coffee and brought it back to my room. I decided I would just have to wait for them all to wake up on their own. So I spent a few hours reading and cleaning up after our crazy night last night, and eventually, Jon joined me. Then, one by one the other boys woke up, all of them extremely hungover.

"You guys know you have a show tonight, right?" I asked them.

"Oh shit, that's today?," Fieldy asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"We better go down and sort everything out with the crew," Jon said while rubbing his eye.

"Okay you guys, see you later, I'm going out to get a couple of groceries. I assume you'll be gone when I get back," I said

"Hey," Jon took my hand, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll see you later," I told him, and then planted a kiss on his lips.

...

By the time I got back from the shops, the guys were back already. They finally had the tour bus ready for us to move into, so we packed up what little we had and moved into it. Of course, Jon and I got the double bed at the back of the bus and the rest of the boys took bunk beds- not that they were particularly happy about it. Fieldy argued that it should have been a coin toss for who got to sleep with Jon in the double bed.

We made our way to the venue and into the room designated for warming up. The boys got ready for their show as I watched them, warming up on their guitars and Jon warming up his vocals.

"Are you nervous?" I asked

"Hell yeah, I'm nervous," he said.

"You'll do great," I smiled

"I'm glad you're here," he kissed my forehead.

"Me too"

The boys went out, one by one onto the stage and delivered a truly incredible performance. Head and Munkee's parts went together like it was what they were born to do, and David and Fieldy played like their lives depended on it, complimenting each other's instruments. I may have been biased, but Jon stole the show in my eyes. His raw emotion and complete vulnerability on stage was not only beautiful in the most poetic way possible, but it was powerful. I could see the way he affected and influenced people just by looking out into the audience. People sang his lyrics like they were their own, each and every person suddenly becoming part of something bigger than themselves, and the boys becoming this force of power and a mixture of good and bad. As I watched from the side of the stage, Jon didn't look at me once. He was so involved in his performance that he had become everything that Korn stood for- every emotion conveyed was inside him. They were all different people on stage, in fact. All the goofiness had melted away and they had become the true image of Korn that I hadn't quite seen before. Suddenly everything made sense to me in a way I couldn't explain if I tried. 

...

"You... you were incredible," I said, still in shock of what I had just witnessed.

Jon, still out of breath, just gave me his telling smile. He was happy, although he didn't know what to do with himself now. He had left his body out there on that stage. The rest of the boys came walking over, patting each other on the back and having a laugh.

"What'd you think Mia?"

"You guys were something else. I can't believe I get to witness this almost every night from now on!" I exclaimed.

After making our way back to the bus for the boys to get cleaned up, it became apparent that we would not be simply going to sleep after this. The rest of the boys were going to a party, which meant that Jon and I had some alone time.

We spent the night eating popcorn and watching movies in each other's arms, Jon drinking a few Jack Daniel's while I stuck to water.

"Why didn't you want to go to that party?" I asked

"Well I knew you didn't, so I figured we could just spend some time alone together tonight and go to the next one," he shrugged.

I felt my cheeks blush as I realised how thoughtful he had been without me even knowing. He knew I didn't feel like going to a party without me having to tell him.

"I love you," he whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my neck. As I looked up into his eyes, his thumb stroked my cheek and I couldn't help but feel warm inside. I stretched up and kissed his lips softly, whispering that I loved him too.

Little did I know... this would be the beginning of the end of our happy, little story.