Chapter 4: A Dangerous Job

It was the day of the gig, and I was completely freaking out. Was I always like this? Or was it because.. 

I put on my clothes messing with my hair, checking my breath and- wait. What the hell am I doing?! This isn't a date..I can't let these dumb feelings get in the way of- OH MY GOD HE'S- oh wait no that's just some random guy..phew.

This is gonna be a long day.

I get to the building, jeez it's massive. I look around immediately, no sight of Kambe. Ugh, where is he? I look around a little, down the halls and in the big meeting rooms but he's not here.. I should've known better, they probably gave him a more-

"Oh, hello..haru.."

...

I quickly turn around, Gah! It's him! "O-OH! HI KAMBE! WHAT'RE YOU UH..DOING HERE? HEHE..." I fidget with my hands and just end up putting them in my pockets, god I'm a mess. "I was assigned, you too?" I just nod in response. He was wearing a black overcoat that reached his ankles with- AHH GLOVES TOO. Tan pants and a black turtle neck, can this man get any more hot? "You two, go on the 3rd floor and make sure the president is escorted safely to his room without any disturbances." We both nod. "Yes, sir." We make our way to the third floor.

We stand by the door waiting for the president to get there as Kambe checked to make sure no one was nearby with his HEUSC. 

.

Now it's quiet.

.

Too quiet.

Should I say something? Actually, this might be a good time to tell him I...

No! What am I thinking? I can't do it now! Not now, not ever. He'd think I'm weird and....But..maybe if I just get it over with, even if I'm rejected. I wouldn't feel as bad? I sigh and look at him. "K-Kambe..can I tell you something..?" he looks over at me with those eyes. I almost lost my train of thought just gazing into them. "Um, I-" 

"Thank you gentlemen," a voice called down the hall. One of the president's personal guards I'm assuming. "We'll take it from here." They start walking past us when I notice something..odd. The president looked frightened, was he okay? I looked back at the guards, in the corner I can see one of them pull out a

gun.

"STOP!" is the first thing I manage to yell before they turn around, the dark haired one pulling a gun straight to my head. "Don't move, or I'll shoot." he said staring at me in the eyes. Oh crap. What do I do what do I do..I shift my eyes to look at Kambe, frozen in place. Dammit! What is he doing? "Don't hurt him!" Kambe yells, he looks like he's about to cry. The 'bodyguards' look at each other then move the gun from my head to the president's. "Fine then, tell no one about this or he gets it. In fact, turn around and walk out right now." He says, glaring yet smirking at both of us. Two muscular men we're blocking the elevator, they didn't plan on letting us go. We're screwed. We look at each other, what should we do? But it looks like Kambe already has a plan?

"I bid you two adieu then," Kambe says, grabbing my shoulders holding me close to his chest, his hand on the back of my head as he smashes his back into the window. 

Jumping off.

WHAT?! WHAT'S HAPPENING!?! I CAN'T DO ANYTHING..HE'S GONNA TAKE MORE IMPACT! HE'S AN IDIOT! WHAT IS HE DOING?!?!? WE'RE ON THE THIRD FLOOR FOR GOD'S SAKE! THIS IS A HIGH BUILDING-

We reach the floor with a roaring thud, I land on top of Kambe. Oh jeez, ok uh..legs..head..nothing broke- "OW!" I yell as I put pressure on my arm. God this isn't good..I look down at Kambe, completely passed out. Blood starting to seep from his head. "AMBULANCE! SOMEBODY CALL A HOSPITAL! NOW!" I scream at the top of my lungs, not even looking if someone is listening to me. Hot tears dripping down my face landing on Kambe's cheeks. Oh god Kambe please don't be dead..

The red and blue flashing of lights in the distance, running off on their way to the hospital with Kambe inside the truck. I could barely see as tears were still running down my face. My heart being tugged at with guilt and worry. I should've prepared..what if Kambe really is...

No. I can't be thinking that now. I look up to the nearest person, which just ends up to be some random lady walking her dog. "Excuse me, please.. I need to get to the hospital right now. Can you take me?" I must've looked crazy, but thankfully she obliged with a sympathetic expression. We rush to the hospital as I basically collapse on to the receptionists desk. "I need to see Daisuke Kambe please.." she looked startled, but typed up on her computer and looked back at me. "He's in room 103, though I don't think they're allowing visit-" I quickly rush down the hall. I just needed a room number, I didn't care if I couldn't see him. I just wanted to make sure he was okay.

I knock on the door "KAMBE! KAMBE ARE YOU IN THERE?!" A nurse opens the door with a calm face, she puts a finger to her mouth. "Please be quiet, the patient is sleeping."

"Can I see him!?"

"What are your relations to the patient?"

"Co worker.."

"Name?"

"Haru Kato now can I please see him?"

She gently nodded and opened the door to Daisuke laying on a hospital bed. A bunch of wires plugged into him, as well as a big bandage wrapping his head. I look over to the doctor, "Will he be okay?!"

"Well, yes. But he's very fragile right now. He suffered from a massive head injury which almost cracked the back of his skull. He'll be staying in here for the next month or so. With the right treatment he'll be better in no time." He smiles, calming my heartbeat and general attitude. "Though he may suffer from the following, nausea, headaches, fainting, fatigue, memory loss-" My eyes widen at the last one. "Memory loss?!" I look down at the barely surviving Kambe on the bed. "He might not..remember me?" The doctor sighed and put away his clipboard. "He might, and it might not even be that severe. Would you like to stay the night with him?"

"Yes, please."

bruh daisuke u fucking idiot

but like nah dw y'all will understand why he did that later

daisuke's memories rlly said "See u next year...or not ;)"

HKSGJDFHJKJL ok bye