Chapter 15

BEN was still looking at me from my window and it was getting uncomfortable to continually lean over the side of the roof.

"You uh, ya wanna come up here?" I ask unsure and honestly just wanting him out of my room.

"Yeah sure you foocken scented scholastic book fair orange bendy pencil." Blondie mumbles from below as he scoots out the window. Orange bendy what? I don't even fully know what that means, but I still feel incredibly insulted...

I flip him off and walk away from the edge of the roof. Eventually a sandy blonde head appears. He crawls over to me like a demon and flopped down panting.

"Toby," BEN wheezed, "Toby I think I'm dying."

I shook my head at his childish behavior, "dude, you're not dying. God you're so unfit."

"Don't bully a dying man, it's ruUude," BEN exaggerated placing the back of his hand on his face.

I sit down next to him and look up at the stars as Blondie dies beside me. So peaceful. Eventually his panting slows to uneven breathing, but none the less subsided. Now we both just lay there, the cold night air nipping at our fingers.

"Bish, it's figgen cold af out here. How are you not dead yet?" Blondie asks, sitting up right.

Roll my head over slightly to look at the boy, our eyes locking. I smile, "I've been asking myself the same question since day one, amigo."

BEN stared at me blankly and unmoving. Almost like a deer in headlights. I raise a brow at him and lay back, propped up on my elbows.

"Tobias, you prick, that's not what I meant. I meant how are you not freezing that fine ass of yours off?"

"OoOoh," I say with a hint of sarcasm, completely ignoring the fine ass part. I paused dramatically and stare intensely at the elf. "I can't feel temperature."

"You're a weird dude, Toby. A weird dude indeed. But I'm cold, adios." He says standing up and walking over to the edge of the roof. He peers over it then turns back to me.

BEN locks eyes with me one final time before flipping me off and yelling, "long live l'manberg!"

And then he jumped off the roof.

(I'm so unmotivated it took me two weeks to write this. Shoot me please. I'm not even gonna put the word count in so disappointed in myself.

10/3/2020)