Sixteen: The Puppeteer

-Sirius-

It seems like it was only yesterday when my father forced me to go see that seer Xena. Now? Well now everything is different. My best friend and soulmate died only to come back from the dead, only difference is Cris is a human now. Chax is dating a human and Zakary was tossed aside from heaven. He didn't become a full Fallen but half, he still struggles his fallen side even to this day. Lebara and Vetis died and I find myself becoming closer to my friends and especially closer to Cordelia. So much has changed in just one year, and the only thing that didn't really change was my relationship with my father. He's still trying to force me to do stuff that I don't want to do. Of course I'm not sure if I really don't want to do it. It's tempting but I don't want to do that to her. We are on good terms, and I don't want to mess this up once again. I don't want to see that expression on her again. I thought thinking back to when I hurt her last. It hit me deep when I thought it wouldn't, but I refuse to make the same mistakes or at least try to not make them.

"What are you thinking so hard on Sirius?"

I snap out of my thoughts and glanced over at Cris whose drinking out of yet another cup of water. I feel bad that he has to go through this, but I'm grateful that he's alive. I let out a sigh as I ran a hand through my messy hair as I tried to get my thoughts altogether. Cris sets the cup down before looking up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What's the matter?" Cris asks me.

"I've just been thinking about everything that had happened to us in the past year." I tell him awkwardly.

"Hm yes a lot did happened, but why think about it now?" Cris asks studying me.

"It's just something what my father and I have been arguing about." I tell him looking away.

"Oh yeah! I've been meaning to ask you about that." Cris says smirking.

"You knew?" I ask wide eyed.

"Of course. When I was in Cordelia's head I could see and hear everything she does, but I just couldn't do anything." Cris explains to me.

"That must've been hard." I encountered.

"I feel like it would've been harder if I was completely alone, but I had at least Cordelia to talk with. It was harder to see her struggle with the fact that she couldn't help me though." Cris explains to me.

"Cordelia is so stubborn that she almost got herself killed using your magic. I didn't think she could do that." I tell him looking at him again.

"I didn't either until I somehow managed to help her stop Azrael from hurting her." Cris says running his hand through his hair.

"Wait what? Azrael was bothering her again?" I ask getting angry.

"Yeah but don't worry he won't be bothering her anytime soon." Cris says smirking.

"What did you do?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I somehow managed to turn his wrist into stone through Cordelia, and ever since then she wanted to use my magic to protect us both and help out." Cris explains to me sighing.

"Didn't she know how dangerous using demon magic was?" I ask turning fully towards him.

"I tried explaining it to her, but she wouldn't listen and then she almost killed us both when she attacked that witch." Cris explains remembering it.

"Yes I remember that." I say solemnly.

It's getting late and Cris and I were still up talking, and I'm not liking where the conversation is going. I want to change it but there's nothing else to really talk about that isn't bad. I highly doubt that Cris wants to talk about becoming a human, and I definitely don't want to talk about how Cordelia almost killed herself and Cris by using his magic either. There's no win here, and I'm sure he knows it too. It's like we have nothing to talk about anymore and that really sucks. I never have this much trouble having a conversation with Cristobal, but lately it's hard to talk about anything with anyone.