Ch 3. Not-A-Date With Bakugo

"Damn right" I texted back. The next day. In the afternoon. I was not about to give Bakugo the satisfaction of an immediate reply.

"When?" was all he said back.

I watched a few tv shows before I decided to answer him again.

"How about in an hour? Meet me at my apartment" I typed, and then I texted Bakugo my address. He didn't reply, but an hour later I heard a knock on my door.

When I opened it, I saw Bakugo standing awkwardly in my doorway. While I had last seen him in workout clothes, he was all cleaned up now, a button down shirt, mostly buttoned at least, and nice pants. Was he dressed up for me? It was a Saturday night after all. Was this a date?

"Are you going to let me come in?" he asked impatiently.

"Oh, sorry!" I apologized, realizing that I had been staring at him. "Yes, come in. I just need to grab a couple things." And change my clothes. And find my phone charger. And have a slight freak out about how cute he is. "If you want to hang out here for a sec," I said motioning to my couch, "I'll be right back." As he sat on the couch, I went into my bedroom. I changed into a dress and decided, on a hunch, to not put on any underwear.

"So are you a student?" I heard him call from the other room.

"Yep!" I shouted back. "I'm going to UA, but I don't start until Monday. I just moved here."

When I came back into the living room, he was looking at me strangely. "That's where I go."

"Oh, cool." I tried to sound casual. "You like it? What course are you in?" As if I didn't know. "I'm going to be in the support course."

He looked around. "I knew they let the support course students live off campus, but this isn't awful," he said, looking around. "Definitely bigger than the dorms."

I smiled at him. "Bigger, huh? You'll have to show me some day. All right, I'm good. Let's go," I said, walking over to him but stopping right in front of him. "Hold on a sec," I said.

"What?" he looked down at me confused. I was so close to him, I could smell him. Had he put on cologne or did he always smell this delicious?

"I just wanted to fix this," I said, reaching for his shirt, and buttoning one of the buttons that had come undone. He stood still and let me, staring intently at me. I didn't take my eyes off his while I buttoned it. When I was finished, I stayed right where I was, inches from him.

"Was that really necessary?" he asked, barely above a whisper.

"Definitely." I winked. "Okay done, let's go," I said, bouncing around him and heading toward the door, leaving him standing right where he was.

"Oh, no, you don't," he growled, coming alive and reaching for my hand, pulling me away from the door and toward him.

"Hey there, I don't even know you," I teased, knowing full well I had started this.

He picked me up and sat me on the couch with him. His hands were on my legs, rubbing my thighs. In my ear he whispered, "What do you need to know?"
I knew I had to keep it together or I wouldn't find out anything. But if he kept touching me like that, I wasn't confident that I could focus on anything at all. "I don't know.. do you like your school?" I asked.

"School? It's the best in the country, and since I'm going to be the best, it's where I need to be. Can we shut up about school now?" he growled, pulling me over to him so that I was straddling him with one leg on each side of him on the couch. His hands were on my ass and back. When his hands reached down, and he realized I wasn't wearing any underwear, his eyes got wide.

"You little brat," he chuckled. "Did you plan this?

I ignored his question and leaned down and gently kissed a spot on his neck right behind his ear. "Are you friends with the other kids in your class?" I asked.

"They're mostly worthless."

Another kiss on his where his neck met his shoulder. "Who do you know the best?"

"Why do you care?"

"I'm just making conversation." A kiss on his shoulder blade.
"They don't matter. Especially not right now." And with that he pushed me back on the couch so that he was now on top of me, my legs wrapped around my waist. It was his turn to start the trail of kisses down my neck, his mouth warm and wet on my skin. He had made it to my waist, pushing the fabric of my dress up higher, before he -

And then my phone rang.

Son of a...

And kept ringing.

He picked his head up, and growled, "I'm going to break your damn phone."

"You and me both, I'm sorry," I said getting up and rushing over to the phone. I could only think of one other person who had my number, so I already knew what to expect.

Blocked number.

I was right.

"Hey," I said, turning around to him, "I need to take this call. See you at school I guess?"

He sat on the couch, staring at me, dumbfounded. "Are you serious right now?"

My phone was ringing again.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah? I have to take this."

In a huff, he stood up and got his keys. "So you're kicking me out?"

"Kind of? You still owe me coffee though."

"You are ridiculous," he said, shaking his head, but then he noticed that I was serious. "Fine," he said, heading toward the door. "But we're not finished here."

I was already answering my phone so I just waved him away, which seemed to make him angry. The door slammed when he left.

I sighed. And that had been going so well.

"I hope you know that you just ruined a really great... interview that could have led to new information," I said into the phone.

"You're going to be receiving a list of names and descriptions of students and professors for you to track. Do whatever you need to do to get as close as you can to them. We'll be expecting your notes by the end of the week."

"Got it," I said.

"And y/n, don't forget that all of this can be taken away. You work for us now. Make it worth our while or it will all disappear." And then they hung up.

So this Saturday night just got a lot more boring.