||chapter one||

December 10, 2018

Jeongyeon's POV:

It's been a while, hasn't it? Time sure does fly. I can't believe that Twice has made it this far. How many years has it been? ...It's been around three years now, I believe.  

Today's the day. It's the 2018 MAMA. Even though it's not my first time, I still feel... I guess it's a mixture. I feel both excited and anxious at the same time. I'm pretty sure it's a normal feeling. And... he's going to be there. 

We haven't talked in a while. We did actually bump into each other a few more times after our first meeting, purely coincidental, of course... Alright, I may  have gone there to see him on purpose, but I assure you, the first two meetings were definitely coincidences. Every time we met, I got to know more about him. I learned that he was an idol as well, in the group Seventeen (that's why his name was so familiar). I would tell him about me too, about my members, about my life. Every night, we would talk, about anything and everything. Every moment I spent with him made me forget all about the negativity in my life. Now, this may seem so cliché, but... I... I started liking him. He was so thoughtful, so understanding, and always managed to cheer me up when I felt down. He was probably the main reason why I was able to carry on, and stay strong when me and my members debuted.

But good stuff doesn't last, does it? Sure enough, our schedules got busier, and practices carried on late into the night. By the time we returned to our dorms, that last thing we wanted was to stay awake. Long story short, we grew apart. I doubt he still remembers me. After all, I was just a random girl who just so happened to be at that same bench every night. Plus, I've heard that he's nice to everyone, so I'm nothing special. He was nice to me, only because that was how he was, as a person. He saw a crying girl, and being the person he was, decided to help. And to think that he liked me. I was such an idiot back then. He was only nice to me because he was a nice person. But... that's exactly why I like him. You heard that right. Present tense. Yes, I still like him. 

I know that he'll never like me back. Like I said, he probably doesn't even remember who I am anymore. But for some reason, my crush on him is still as big as ever, and no matter how much I want it to go away, I don't think it'll be anytime soon. So basically, this is the position I'm in. I want myself to stop liking him, but for some reason, I can't move on. Maybe I'm still hoping... Hoping he still remembers me... Hoping that somehow, he'll like me back. But that'll never happen. My feelings will be forever unrequited. 

By now, I'm pretty sure you have an idea of the person I'm talking about. That person is Seventeen's angel... the one and only Yoon Jeonghan. 

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

Wow, two updates in two days! Too be honest, after looking at the storyline and my story plans, I've realized that this story might be a bit short. I'm probably wrong, tho. After writing this chapter, I've realized that a sentence on my planning sheet can turn into a whole paragraph in the actual story. So yea, I'm probably wrong. This story could have 10 chapters, or it could stretch all the way out to 40 (or even more [but probably not]). 

By the way, other than the fanfiction/2jeong part, some of the events that happened in this story didn't happen in real life, just so you know.

If you haven't noticed, I decided to set the story in 2018, cuz if the story started with the 2019 MAMAs, then it continue into 2020. And 2020... y'know, COVID-19 and all that. It wouldn't be realistic. So yea. Until the next update!