||chapter two||

December 10, 2018

Jeongyeon's POV:

Sorry about ranting like that. I don't know why I keep thinking about him. Besides, why think about him right now when the MAMA is today, am I right? Today's a busy day, there's no time to dwell on stupid things like crushes. 

I rejoin my members in our waiting room, where everyone is getting ready. Nayeon is fidgeting with her hands while her makeup is being applied. I guess such a big event can make anyone nervous. 

Before long, we're led to our seats in the stadium, and I watch as the other idols come piling in. The whole thing seems a bit unreal. I honestly still can't believe that we made it this far. It's unbelievable. 

Shortly after, the event starts, and the performances go by, one after the other. Then, the host announces that the next performers are Seventeen, and they start entering the stage. As I expected, Jeonghan is there. I feel my heart race... Stupid heart! I'm trying to move on, remember? 

The music starts, and being a carat myself, I immediately recognize the song. It's "Oh My," also known as a total masterpiece. My eyes go to Jeonghan. I want to stop, but, wow...he still looks as amazing as always. Jeonghan, why do you have to be so good-looking? It's making it impossible for me to stop liking you

Jeongyeon, how about this. Don't look at him. It's as easy as that, I tell myself. But obviously, my self-control is so weak that not even half a minute passes, and my eyes wander to him again. His voice... It's the same sweet, gentle voice that I came to know. It's so hard not to be mesmerized by him. The music comes to a stop (too soon in my opinion), and I'm still in my seat, stunned by the performance. I snap out of it and clap eagerly. 

Before I have time to calm down, the host announces, "'Now, up next is Twice, performing 'Dance the Night Away!'"

I start to get anxious again, and I look at my members. They're all smiling, but I know that on the inside, they're nervous too. It's okay, though. I know that we'll do amazing. We've worked so hard, practicing this song. We'll be fine, I try to convince myself. But... what if I mess up? What if I accidentally forget my lines? 

We step up onto the stage, and I'm met with blinding lights. I can see Seventeen sitting not far from where we were. I'm telling myself to not look at Jeonghan, but my eyes refuse. He's gazing intently at the stage, at us. But... not at me. What you expect, Jeongyeon? With eight other stunningly beautiful women, it's unlikely anyone would ever pay attention to me. I let out a sigh. 

Putting on a smile, I position myself, preparing to start when the music begins. At this point, my heart is racing out of nervousness. A few seconds later, I hear the familiar, "La la la la la la la..." , and suddenly I'm back at the JYP practice room, having the time of my life with my best friends, my family... my Twice members. 

I'm back at the stage, surrounded by my friends, and fans who give us love and support. Without them, Twice would never have made it this far. This time, I give a genuine smile, and I know. Even though we're all nervous, I know that we'll be alright. 

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

Well, I'm back with another update! I hope you like it... I don't really have anything to say, actually. So ummm, enjoy the story I guess??? Until next time!