||chapter six||

May 27th, 2019

Jeongyeon's POV:

I walked across the practice room to get my water bottle. Me and the girls just finished our dance practice for today. Suddenly, our manager knocked on our door, and informed, "Nayeon and Jeongyeon, JYP PD-nim wants to see you."

We glanced at each other, in confusion, and bid goodbye to our members. Then, we set off, on our way.

When we reached his office, we knocked on his door, and heard a muffled, "Come on in."

Glancing inside, I realized that we weren't the only ones in his office. They were all somewhat familiar faces. From Seventeen, I recognized Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Jisoo, Seokmin, and Mingyu. From Gfriend, Yuna, Eunbi, and Sojung. And, of course, their PD-nims. 

I wondered,What are they all doing here?

JYP PD-nim announced, "You all are having a collaboration, and you'll be in pairs." He proceeded to announce the pairs. "Nayeon and S. Coups. DK and Yuju..." As he continued, I thought to myself, Wow, Nayeon and Seungcheol together. Nayeon's lucky. I wonder who I'll end up with. I scanned the members of Seventeen who's names haven't been called. He's still not chosen. Jeonghan.

Speaking of Jeonghan, I might as well give an update on our relationship. We're pretty good friends. Yes, friends. In fact, he's probably my best guy friend. 

...Now, do I wish that we could be more than friends? You bet. 

Half a year has passed, and I still have a stupid crush on him. Although, I can say that I've gotten a lot more comfortable around him. Your girl Jeongyeon isn't the same stuttering Jeongyeon she used to be around her crush. 

But that's not all. Sojung and I have become close friends. It's kind of strange, befriending your crush's girlfriend. But as I got to know her, I realized that she's all the things that Jeonghan said she was. 

If you were wondering, their relationship is as strong as ever. But things are different now. I'm honestly really glad for the two of them. As I've gotten to know them, I've come to the conclusion that they are truly perfect for each other. Jeonghan deserves an amazing person like Sojung, and Sojung deserves someone like Jeonghan. 

And that leaves me. Even as I acknowledge this, I still hurt. But I don't understand. I'm happy for them, right? They're meant to be together. But then, even as I know all of this, I feel a pain in my heart. 

...Anyways, back to the present. 

Who's left? 

It seemed like Jisoo, Jeonghan, Sojung, and I were the only ones who hadn't been paired up yet. Ooh, I hope Jeonghan and Sojung are together. ...and Jisoo's pretty nice, so it'll be okay. Wait... Eunbi and Mingyu are together? ...Poor Tzuyu. How will she react to this?

JYP PD-nim continued, "'Joshua and Sowon." Wait, what?

... "And the final pair, Jeongyeon and Jeonghan." ...WAIT, WHAT?!

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to update! I was really busy, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue the story. I feel like the plot is boring, and with my non-existent writing skills, I just didn't feel motivated to update. 

...Sorry for the short chapter, too. It just felt like an okay chapter ending, you know?

BTW, the pairings are Nayeon & Seungcheol, Seokmin & Yuna, Eunbi & Mingyu, Jisoo & Sojung, and Jeongyeon & Jeonghan.