Chapter 14

Okayy guys I know I haven't updated in a few days but here is chapter 14 I hope you enjoy it!!
Don't worry I might be updating frequently I'm feeling inspired a lot!

Just a quick FYI, this is a short chapter but I promise the next chapter is going to be longer!

Please don't forget to read, comment, vote, and In-box! Let me know what ya'll think!

Anyways without further adieu....  

Happy Reading!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Analie's POV:

"That's not going to work for me, try again Ayden"

This might be a little confusing at the moment; but that's only because everything that has to do with Ayden, or me always ends up being confusing. At this moment we are trying to set some ground rules for our 'friendship'/ partnership for our project. But Ayden is making this more difficult than it needs to be, and is currently testing my patience right about now.
I have no idea how we are going to get together again, to set up more ground rules with Cameron.
I am going to need a nap after this...

" Oh, come on, at least give it a chance. Sitting down with each other at least once a week can be a way for us to get to know one another and be civil for once. That can be ground rule number one; so were both held accountable."

"Uhhh I'm not too sure about that Ayden, us being together in one place for a long period of time could get ugly"

" Fine whatever, you just want to turn down all of my ideas even thought this is supposed to be a combined effort, to set up these damn ground rules" Ayden points out to me, rolling his eyes at my stubbornness, " I think you should really give my idea a chance, not shoot me down"
Ayden walks away from me and out the entrance of the school to head to his Jeep. I follow suit and catch up to him, yanking his keys out of his hands so he has nowhere to go now.

" Very funny sweetheart, now give me back my keys...please" he says walking towards me to take his keys back from my grasp.

"Nope, I don't think I will" I say waving the keys in his face, then quickly yanking them away before he can grab them from me.

"Okay, I get it, you're real funny", Ayden takes slow steps towards me, trying to intimidate me into giving back the keys but I know better than that. He's all talk.

"You know... I think I'll drive home in that Jeep of yours... and I might just forget to let you in the truck" I look at him and smirk, " You might just have to walk home" I walk to the truck quickly before Ayden can catch up to me, but to my dismay Ayden jogs to my side and snatches his keys away from me.

"Sorry sweetheart but you have to be quicker than that..." he lowers his face to mine, and gives me that stupid smirk once again, "to get one over on me" he says so confidently that it makes me want to smack him upside the head.

"I literally hate you right now", I shove him slightly which makes him stumble slightly and drop his keys. I see a window of opportunity and grab his keys from the ground, before he has a chance to get them, "and now I have your keys, so if you don't quit your so-called flirting, I'm going to take off in you truck without you" I say walking away from him, towards his Jeep.

"Come on sweetheart, don't be so mean to me, you know you love me"
He whispers from behind me; I feel his warm breath on my neck. I can tell he's standing way to close to me but I'm not all that eager to turn around and be face to face with him. He moves part of my hair to one side of my neck, leaving the other side of my neck bare, he leans close behind me and whispers in my ear again, "Everybody does, Analie"

I feel a shiver go up and down my spine, my cheeks are hot and I'm pretty sure they're pink to the touch. I cannot believe that I'm totally flustered because of this idiot, who even let me feel tis way, I hate it and I swear I'm going to punch him.

"Can you stop trying to flirt with me Ayden" I turn slowly towards him, very aware of the lack of space between us. I look at him for a second before I place my hands on his chest; he looks at me confused as to what I'm doing, I softly push him away to arm's length, which gives us some distance from each other, " we need to focus on what we were doing, not getting off track with you trying to flirt with me"

"You do realize that every time I flirt with you, you get all flustered and bothered? Why is that Analie?" Ayden asks stepping closer to me even though I just created some distance between us.

I don't understand why he likes to be so affectionate, and close to people. It's weird and unnerving. He's like this total player who only opens up to certain people yet here he is trying to get close to me. We know nothing about each other but here we are in same situation, time and time again getting close to each other and then further apart. This happens way too much; it's getting exhausting keeping up with this. I have no idea I were better off not being friends.

"Stop" I say pushing him back to where he was again. Before I can take my hands away from his chest, he puts both my hands back on his chest, brining me closer to him at the same time. Our faces inches apart; all it would take is one wrong step and we'd be closer than ever "you can't keep doing this Ayden..."

"Doing what? This?" he says touching his hand to my cheek, gently caressing it, "or this?" he runs his thumb over my bottom lip gently, softy, almost as if he's taking his time.

"Y-You need to keep your hands to yourself. Someone is going to think otherwise of whatever is going here" I try to say normally but it comes out in a hushed tone.

"Does this bother you, because if it does just say the word and I'll stop" He leans in closer making our faces close enough that we can practically hear each other's breathing. I don't say anything in response; I look away from him but I don't move myself from away from him. I stay right where I am not being able to think straight. If I move any closer our lips would be touching, Is that so wrong? What am I thinking right now?

"T-This is...umm...This is bad. We should stop...before we do something- "

"Something we regret?" He asks me, leaning in closer than before; brushing his nose against mine "Tell me to stop and we'll stop this right now, sweetheart" I close my eyes and lean my forehead against his, not thinking about any of the consequences at the moment. Were not friends but if we cross this line, what would happen?

"We can't, not now..." I pull away slowly, trying to diffuse the heat of the moment we just had. I open my eyes to look up at him; I knew if we continued, we'd cross a line that should not be crossed right now, "we are playing a very dangerous game right now, Chase"

"That much is true, sweetheart. I think we should stop before we get ahead of ourselves", He says taking a step back from me, putting some good distance between us.

"I think that's one of your best ideas yet Ayden"

"Oh, come one sweetheart, give me some credit here, I have good ideas all the time."

"Sure, you do, please enlighten me on one of your brilliant ideas"

"How about getting you that food I promised you earlier" He says with a wink, grabbing his keys from me as he walks off without me to his truck.

Ayden actually had a good idea for once in his life. Let's hope this isn't the only one he comes up with

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All right every one, I finally finished this chapter after not posting it for a while. I know this chapter is kind of short but I felt like I needed the next chapter to be longer and also, I finished writing and editing this chapter really late at night so I thought you all deserved something new to read!

I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and I hope you continue to stick with me throughout the entirety of this book.

Thank you for reading!

Happy reading you amazing people!

~~ K.N.

ThatSociallyAwkward