rock me

The shadow covered walls of the Venom, hiding away it's secrets from the outside world while the customers gossiped at small wooden tables, listening to the Angel's sweet voice. All but one man, that is.
Ben, better known as the Beast, sat in a back table with his assistant Doug— Jewel — tapping his foot to the beat being created by the band. Ben scoffed at his apprentice and snapped his fingers, making Doug stop in his footprints. The black-suited man stood from his chair and motioned for his partner Chad— Charming —to stay at the table with the baby of the group. As the five eleven man strutted closer to the bar, he noticed how truly full the small cantina became anytime The Angel came to sing. He knew the "Creator" would hate to see the business leave but perhaps his partnership and friendship with the infamous Beast would possibly convince him.
  "Heya boss, another round please," Ben ordered taking his seat at the bar. He looked around to find only Henry standing by the drinks wiping a glass. "Say, where's my father?"
  Henry, his signature black hair moving with his head, looked up to the Beast, and nodded to his right at his partner waiting for the singer to finish her piece. "He plans to convince her to stay here or come more often. If you want I can deliver a message." He seemed zoned out from the world even though he was right in front of Ben speaking.
  Nodding, Ben took a glass filled with some form of alcohol in hand and took a quick sip, wincing as the bitter taste slid down his throat. "Tell him I want her out of here, ASAP." He heard a faint chucked come from the bartender. "What? Got something to say, Henry?"
  "Yes, actually." He leaned over the counter, his eyes shifting from the left to the right and back to Ben's dark, brown, eyes. "Once Adam has something in mind, he won't let it go. He dreams too big. Destined to fail but he refuses."
  The white-shirted man smirked and took a quick sip of his beverage. "He'll change his mind, I'll make him."
  Pushing off the counter, Henry shrugged and sat a platter of drinks beside Ben's arm. "Good luck, Beast."
<——————————————>
Once the bar had begun to dial down from The Angel's performance and his father, Adam, had talked with her— granted it was only for a few short-lived moments — the Dancing Devil followed her into her small dressing room. As he stood in the doorway, he noticed her take a glance at him then looking back to her reflection rolling her dark green orbs.
"If you're working with Mr. Kingston I don't have time." The singer said as she turned to face him. "Your wasting your breath."
Clicking his tongue and shaking his head, Ben entered the room, shutting the door with his black boot. "You see, that's the opposite of what I want, Mrs. Angel." He grimaced. "I'll pay you double to stop coming here."
The woman cocked her perfectly made eyebrow. "You'll pay me double to leave?"
"Triple if that's your cost."
"You must be mistaken-"
"I'm perfectly aware of what I said." The man growled. "Your voice is...toxic. It rings in my head every second I breathe and think." He knelt down his upper body, his arm now resting on her chair.
"I want you gone and to never see you in these parts again, got it? And if I do you best pray you have good security." Ben added.
The Angel scoffed and rose from her chair shrugging off Ben's hand. "No one commands the Mal Angel to do anything. You may think you're some hotshot, some scary man but you'd be wrong." She looked him up down, studying him for a moment. "You haven't changed a bit from the boy I met in art school all those years ago. Just a few more years of regrets."
Silenced by her words, Ben watched as Mal Angel walked out of the door carrying her black fur jacket. Her long purple hair falling down her bareback. With a yell and the kick of the chair, the gang thug exited the room angrier than before. He regretted not thinking of some snarky remark to respond to her comment and silencing her instead. Leaving the room, the Beast plotted how to get the singer back.
  He decided it best to follow her. That way she'd be forced to listen to him but he didn't plan was walking through the sticky rain. His once thick white shirt now shown his neatly carved chest and muscles through the thin cloth. His prone ears from years of training were unable to detect her light footsteps. As time went by he began to wonder if she took his threat to heart. Of course, he wanted her and her voice gone, it tormented him, but he also enjoyed it in a crazy way. He had memories of when the two had been in school, two years ago, and were the closest of friends but then he began to like her. And not in a friendly way. He liked her the way that he would lay his jacket over a puddle so her shoes wouldn't be wet, or how he would lye awake at night wondering if she was thinking about him too.
  "I didn't know the Beast did personal meetings." He heard her voice from behind him, laced in mockery and honey.
  "I don't," Ben spoke deep in his throat turning to face the woman. "I just wanted to make sure you were out of town."
  She took steps towards him, paralyzing the strong man. "Uh-huh, and is that way you came all the way from the bar to find me? Wouldn't it be in character to wait till morning? Build some suspense?" She questioned him, examining his body closely. Her eyes trailing slowing down his chest. "Have you been working out?"
Her eyes were hot against his skin, he felt his body warm-up and his cheeks flush. "That's none of your business, Mal."
"Guess not," she shrugged. She began a slow walk around his body with her hands moving with her body. Her touch sent shivers and electrical waves through his body. "I wish it was," she mumbled as her finger traced his back.
  "If this is some kind of trick to seduce me or something, it won't work. After all, I have been trained by the best." He warned.
  "Oh, I'm sure." She teased as she now stood in front of him. "I'll make a deal with you, I won't sing anymore if you can tell me why you hate me so much." She offered, placing her hands on her hips.
With a roll of his eyes, Ben shook his head. "I don't hate you, just wish you were dead."
"No, you do hate me." She pointed accusingly. "Ever since the Formal in college you were distant and I deserve an answer."
  "Who wouldn't hate you."
  "Anthony."
  His hand grew into a fist as he imagined the backstabbing former friend of his. He knew about his feelings towards Mal and yet he still progressed their relationship.
  "So that's why." He heard her whisper. "You were jealous of him, weren't you Benny Boo?"
  "I don't see the need to tease me. You already got what you wanted, you beat me at my own game, trickery."
  "Oh honey, you weren't even a player."
With a swift motion, Mal kicked him behind his shin, making him fall to the ground, and knelt over him, her finger resting under his chin. He was aggravated by her progression yet intrigued to see what her motives were.
"Looks like you've got me on my knees, now what? Gonna make me kiss your shoes?" He mocked her as her finger left his chin and traced his jawline.
To his surprise, she skipped out on a snarky remark and kissed his lips. Her lips tasted of cherry chapstick and were soft as velvet. He smirked against her touch, falling into the kiss. Not his proudest moment. Sitting on his knees, kissing a woman who just insulted him and now yearned for more of her, but he would never tell anyone this. Allowing his greatest enemy to take such advantage of him...
Her lips left him and marked a map to his ears as he felt electric shocks send through his body. Ben fallen victim to her seduction and at this point, he didn't care what she said.
"You're a much better kisser now. Practice?" Mal asked him, stepping back from her work.

"God and I didn't get along, so now I sing."