hoodie

She flipped open her black painted electronic as she sipped on what was supposed to be hot cocoa. The winter season was rolling around meaning the Villains would only get crankier and steal more from the children. But what can you expect living on an isle full of blanket-thirsty adults? With a sigh, she tucked away her prized phone and continued her stroll down the dark alley happily knowing she was late for curfew.
  "Give it here!" She heard a male voice say- just hitting puberty by the sounds of it.
  "No! It's mine!" A masculine voice argued.
  The all so curious teen slipped into the shadows and peered out onto the street to see two grown boys fighting over a blanket. It was probably covered in lice and crusty fur but that was the best Auradon dare give us. She nursed on her beverage as she cursed the nation that cursed her hear. Even though plotting against the cursed Kingdoms always made everything better, the drink still left a mucky taste down her throat.
  "This is getting boring," she said to herself and tossed the drink aside. The girl then cleared her throat to make her presence known. "Is there a problem here?"
  The older man turned to give her some snarky answer but then froze as his brown eyes locked with her dark green orbs. "N-No problem at all your highness."
"Give the mut the blanket, Gaston offspring." She hissed annoyed.
He scoffed and tossed the crusty old cover down and mumbled to himself. "It isn't worth my energy anyways!"
With that, the boy grabbed the blanket and stood with her help. "Thanks, Mal."
"Anytime Carlos." She crossed her arms. "But hey. Doesn't your mom share her furs with you?"
"My mom is Cruella D'Ville. She shares nothing with anyone, especially me." Carlos told her as the two began their walk down a street. "Wish these phones worked." He coughed up showing his friend his white flip phone.
"No kidding! Telling the future would be awesome!" Came a familiar male voice. A tan, leather dressed man, jumped from the balcony holding his red box.
"Jay what did I say about eavesdropping on people!" A blue-haired girl added from the balcony.
"Evie! Jay!" Carlos exclaimed. "What are you guys doing out? It's freezing."
"Yeah," Mal spoke as she grabbed a rock. "Aren't you guys cold?"
The blue-haired diva appeared on the stairs and leaned against the rusted fence, welcoming in her crew. "We wanted to make sure you guys made it back safely. People have been fighting over warmth all week." Evie told them as she embraced her green-eyed friend. "It's good to see you M."
"And you, Eve." She then snapped to Jay. "Did you get any blankets?"
The long black haired teen smirked and bowed towards the steps. "Take a look for yourself."
Carlos and Mal shared a grin and rushed up the iron steps. To their surprise, they saw each of their beds covered in nice warm blankets of their favorite colors. Mal skipped giddily to her bed and jumped onto the fallen-in mattress giggling and laughing. A rare sight to see the daughter of Maleficent giggle but it was just as rare to have a warm place to sleep.
"How did you manage this, Jay?" Mal asked sitting up facing him as Evie sat with her.
"I and Evie got together fabric and she sewed it together as I stole more."
Evie nodded. "We wanted to surprise you guys!"
"That's very cool of you," Carlos said as he stood. "Group fist bump?"
With a chuckle, the band of bandits hugged each other with smiles on their faces.
———
Now, Mal walked with her friends around the clean streets of Auradon bundled in multiple layers of warm clothes. Her legs were covered in black tights, a black skirt around her waist, and a turtle-neck grey sweater and boots. Her hand was kept warm by her boyfriend's warm touch while her other kept warmth on her phone.
"You don't need to always check for the future, Mal," Ben whispered to her. "I promise you safe here."
She squeezed his hand. "As long you're here I am."
He returned the gesture by lifting both their hands and placing a kiss onto her's. "Always."
Tucking her phone away, she stopped walking and embraced him. He hesitated but hugged her back nonetheless. Mal placed a small kiss on his cheek and backed away.
"What was that for?"
"A little thank you I guess." A smirk grew on her face. "Now you have to catch up!"
With that, she picked up her feet and ran after the rest of the group with Ben hot in her trail in seconds.

Stay warm this Holliday season guys! Thanksgiving and Christmas themed one-shots are heading your way over the next two months!!!