Chapter VII

"Hey Lester. It's me."

"Good Morning, Michael. I was almost certain you wouldn't return my call from last time we spoke. Have you reached a decision involving Mr. Crawford and Ms. Vercetti?"

"Yeah, actually. Would you kindly inform Mr. Crawford that there's absolutely no deal?"

This response had Lester go silent for a moment. "Are you self aware that knowing you live... Aldrick will make you one of his targets? Are you certain you don't wish to reconsider?"

Michael gave a long drawn out sigh. "There is very little choice for either option, Lester. Let me just elaborate that I might be too deep into this situation. It's no one's fault, but I feel it necessary to complete any business here. Sasha included." Overall for him, Michael wanted to scream in his head. Anything that would make him convince himself to leave. Everything would have been completely different if he didn't even comply with Sasha or departing from her place if he just taken her Pegessi.

It would become a tale of aligning factors.

"All right, Michael. Tell you what. I'll delay Aldrick for as long as necessary so that you can have some preparations. Might I suggest you stock up at Ammu-Nation? You're going to need some serious firepower if you plan on taking his men directly. That's the best advice a friend can give you. For the artillery he has at his disposal... You're better safe than sorry."

"Greatly appreciated, Lester. Thanks." Michael responded. "I'll call you when I'm next available."

"Sure thing, Michael. Look after yourself. I'll keep you updated."

Michael had stashed his phone away in his pants pocket. Giving himself a sobering view of Los Santos before turning around to face Sasha whom had been naked. Slumbering in her bed. This predicament was certainly unique, but under control. At least that's the though Michael kept to convince himself it wasn't a nightmare.

Yet here Michael was, standing out on the balcony of Sasha Vercetti's Penthouse. Observing her covered body. Her back having been turned away from the rays of sunlight. The stress of trying to figure out if Sasha trusted him completely lingered in the back of his head. In truth Michael knew he needed more time. This was the time to act. Careful wording and preparations were required at this point.

Rubbing the back of his neck, Michael had entered Sasha's Bedroom's sliding glass door. Trying to keep his rustling to a minimum, he had joined her side. Making sure he didn't wake her just yet. His mind scanning her bedroom. Having taking notice of the empty liquor bottles. This included the one they had both generously shared the night prior.

Before Michael's thought could embellish in the quiet aroma, he leaned over to Sasha, kissing her forehead. Sasha had shifted in her sleep. Waking up with a 'Hm?' and a deep breath. Having soon came to her senses now seeing Michael still beside her. "You're still here?" She asked in her groggy voice. Waking herself up further. "Shouldn't you be home with your loved ones?"

"Not without breakfast." Michael had snarled.

"Without me is what I'm going to insist."

"And why exactly would that be, Ms. Vercetti? Is it your reputation?"

"I just don't think it's right for married men-"

"Kid. I hate to break it to you, but after last night? That ship sailed long ago."

"Don't start an argument you won't win, Michael. Especially if it's a woman." She mentions, sitting up to cover the upper half of her body.

"We're both to blame, darling." Michael had hammered in that point, now leaning closer into her. "We can point at each other and make excuses all we want. Doesn't derail the fact something happened that was going to be inevitable. All you had to say was no."