Chapter 32:

We continued making small talk in the kitchen for a little bit longer. Dad and Ezra were dominating the conversation as they rambled on about the differences between guitar string materials and the sound they produced. Ezra's eyes were bright as he explained why he preferred pure nickel strings over the nickel wound ones. A little giggle escaped my lips as they debated the topic like they were talking about world peace.

Ezra glanced over at the sound coming from my lips and he bit the inside of his cheek, trying to hold back a smile. Dad eyed me suspiciously when he saw the exchange between us.

"What time is it?" Ezra asked quickly.

"It's around four." Dad said, looking at his watch.

"I have to go. We have practice in an hour." Ezra said, getting up from the stool quickly.

"Thanks for bringing Riley home today." My Mom said, smiling at him.

"It was really no trouble at all." He stood up to walk over and shake my Dad's hand. "It was a pleasure meeting you. I guess I will see you on Wednesday." He turned back to me, not sure exactly what he should say or do.

"Oh, crap." I said, smacking my forehead. "I left my stuff in your car."

I can get it and bring it back up." Ezra offered.

"You don't have to do that. I'll just run out and grab it."

My parents waved goodbye to Ezra and he gave them a wave back. We both walked out the door without another word. When we got to the car, I opened the passenger door and bent over to grab my things. Ezra's hand slid up my thigh and I stood up quickly, holding my clothes to my chest. Ezra was inches from me and blocked me in so I couldn't get past him. He looked back at the house windows and up and down the street to make sure we were not being watched.

He grabbed the things from my hand and reached behind me to toss them on the roof of his car. He turned and found my hips pulling them to him. He slid his hands down my back and stuck them into the back pockets of my shorts.

A blush ran across my face when he pressed his arousal against me. I wanted to wrap my arms around his neck and lean in to kiss him, but I knew it was a bad idea. I was starting to get attached to the way he made me feel, the good and the bad. I wouldn't be able to keep my distance if he kept touching me this way. Maybe he could just continuously hook up with someone and not develop feelings, but that was not me.

It was not in my DNA.

Ezra was probably used to girls who let him treat them this way. He would coo and whisper dirty things to them and then make them feel bad about themselves so they would keep coming back for more.

But I wasn't one of those girls, even if I wished right now that I could be for a just a little bit. 

Ezra pulled me closer and rested his head on my neck, taking in my scent. His breath was ragged, and I could feel him wanting more from me. He turned his head and gently kissed the spot just under my earlobe. He nipped at me and moved his hips against me, causing a moan to escape my lips.

"You are so fucking sexy. I've wanted to touch you all day." He whispered desperately into my ear.

A car pulled into the driveway next door and my eyes flew open, remembering where we were. I looked over and the little old lady who lived next door was looking at me with judgmental eyes watching the dark-haired boy rub himself against me.

"Stop." I whispered as I put my hands on him to try to push him back. I looked back over at where my neighbor was standing and she was frowning at me. She turned and stomped up to her house. I was panicked she was going to walk over and go tell my Mom about how inappropriate her little girl was being. "Ezra, we have to stop."