9

"You're high." Amelia stated as they drove home to the farm.

"Yeah, sorry." Harry mumbled. He was tired and he tried to collect his thoughts but they wouldn't work with him. If this was the aftermath of smoking weed he never wanted to do it again.

Apparently, they had reached the farm because Amelia had stopped the car and stepped outside. She came around and opened Harry's door and helped him get out. She followed him to the garage and made sure that he got up the stairs.
"Go to bed. We'll discuss this tomorrow."

He was in trouble! Amelia left him and he crashed on his bed and fell asleep without brushing his teeth or getting undressed.

He woke up the next morning with a dry mouth and a killer headache. He stumbled out of bed and went to his pantry to drink some water. He found some painkillers as well and swallowed them down. He felt like shit. He didn't really remember yesterday's event other than that he got high with Louis.

He went to the bathroom to take a shower. It did him good. After he had soaked for a solid thirty minutes he got out from the shower and brushed his teeth. He was thirsty again and drank from the tap. He looked himself in the mirror and cringed. He looked like he felt.

The memories from yesterday started to flood in. So they smoked and then he giggled a lot. Louis had called him beautiful and almost kissed him. What was up with that?
Harry went to his walk-in closet and found some sweats and a soft t-shirt. The rest of yesterday came to mind.

In the second phase of their highs, he had stopped giggling. They had just laid there and talked. Louis had told him that he had cried himself to sleep for a long time after he moved to Ireland because he missed him so much. Harry told him that he had done the same. Louis then told him that his dad left them a couple of months after that, or his stepdad really. But Mark was the only dad he knew. His biological dad had left when he was one year old.

So Louis had felt abandoned and he got introverted and didn't find any new friends because then he wouldn't have to feel that pain again when they left him. Harry had rolled on top of him and hugged him hard and Louis let him. He even put his arms around him and hugged him back. They were just about to kiss again when Harry's cellphone rang with Amelia on the other side of the line asking him where he was. He had rushed off and that was the end of that day in Louis company.

He was surprised that Louis had opened up like that but he guessed that had to do with him being high. He was worried about him for several reasons, his self-isolation, and his pot-smoking.

Amelia came into the room.
"Great, you're alive. Come on, follow me to the house, we want to talk to you."

Harry gulped but went to the house with her. Everyone in the commune was waiting for him in the dining room and he took a seat. He listened to all of them lecturing him for half an hour and when they were done he started to smile.
"This is not funny Harry!" Amelia huffed.

"No! I'm just grateful that all of you seem to care about me this much. Thank you and I'm sorry. I promise that I'll never smoke again. It was a one-time thing. I just wanted to try it." Harry answered.

"Good, now you can call Anne and try to convince her that." Amelia answered.

Harry's eyes grew wide.
"You called my mum? She's gonna kill me!"

"Of course I did! You're not turning into a pothead. Not under my watch." Amelia said but it looked like she felt sorry for him.

They all got up and hugged him. Harry hugged them back before he returned to his room. He took a deep breath before he pressed the call button.
"HARRY EDWARD STYLES, YOU'RE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" His mum answered and he spent forty minutes listening to her and trying to convince her that she didn't have to get on a plane and bring him back to Ireland right away.

When she had finally calmed down they spent another twenty minutes just small talking. He told her that he was happy here. They talked about school and his new friends but he didn't mention Louis. He didn't really know why. It just felt private.

They hung up and Harry laid down again for a nap. His thoughts kept on coming back to the kiss that almost took place yesterday. He gently touched his lips. He wouldn't mind kissing Louis. He wondered what it would feel like? He had never kissed a boy before if you didn't count that peck on the lips with Louis when they were kids. How would it feel to kiss him for real? Why did he want to kiss Louis?

He fell asleep thinking about blue eyes, a soft fringe, and kissable lips. He woke up later in the afternoon and went inside the house to eat dinner with the rest of the commune. His aunt and Troy announced that they were a couple now and everyone cheered and congratulated them, including Harry. He was happy for his aunt's sake and he hadn't even tried to push them together. They figured that out by themselves.

After dinner, he went outside with Steve and Alex to work in the garden. They tried to talk to him but his mind was preoccupied with a certain blue-eyed boy.
"A penny for your thoughts?" Alex said.

"How do you know if you like someone?" Harry asked and blushed.

Steven clasped his hands together in excitement.
"Oooo boy problems, tell us all about it!"

So Harry did. He told them about Louis and how they used to be best friends when they were kids. He told them how cute he was and he probably spent ten minutes describing his long eyelashes before he realized what he was doing and he blushed and stopped talking.
"It sounds like you like him alright." Alex smiled.

"I can't like him like that." Harry sighed.

"Of course you can. You can't control who you fall for." Alex answered softly.

"I guess, but how will I know if he's interested in me too or if he's just being friendly? It's not like I can ask him if he's straight or not." Harry sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Ah, the secrets of flirting with another guy to see if he's game. Sit down, my friend. We have a lot to go through." Steve grinned.