4 - SECOND X PHASE X STARTS

(Y/N);

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder, I jolted my eyes open to see Gon.

"Gon? Don't scare me like that." I bickered crossing my arms.

"Sorry, Killua told me to wake you up. The next phase is about to start." Gon said sheepishly.

I stood up and brushed myself off. I saw Kurapika, and Leorio in which looked beat up, and then Killua. I walked toward the group and saw Mr. Satotz walking away. I'm assuming that he was only here for the first phase, now we are at the second phase.

I yawned in bordem and stretched my legs and arms.

"I'm exited!" Gon spoke happily.

I stood up straight and looked at Killua and smiled.

"Me too." I said.

I noticed that Killua looked away once I stood up, why?

Then suddenly the gates started to open, revealing a women in rather a lewd outfit, and an overweight man behind her.

"Hello! The people who passed the first phase, please step in.Welcome to the second phase!" She announced loudly so everyone could hear her.

Me, Killua, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio walked in the big gates following everyone else, once we were in, the women  started talking.

"The second phase exam will be cooking!!" She shouted.

I heard people bicker, groan and whine. How pathetic.

"This has to be a joke!" A man hollered.
I could see Menchi getting angry, Buhara was getting concerned.

"Why would we have to cook in a serious exam like this? Go back to the kitchen lady! We are men!" The man yelled toward Menchi.

Now I was pissed off. I decided to speak up.

"Don't be a sexist asshole! Cooking isn't a gender role, it's a fucking life skill! Cooking is important, she's a gourmet hunter which is just as improtant as the other hunters! Being discreet and rude to a examiner also a hunter above your useless level is pathetic so shut up please, it's annoying!" I yelled so everyone could hear, hopefully I knocked some sense into his pea-brain.

I turned toward my group with my hands in my pockets and a tick mark on my head.

"Hopefully that shuts him up.." I groaned and whispered in Killuas ear standing next to him.

Menchi cleared her throat.

"Thank you young lady.. continuing on. You will all be cooking pork. Everything you need is in the forest." She spoke up.

"GO!!" She hollered and we all ran out of the gates to find some pig supposedly.

I ran with Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio. I might just stick with them until the end of the exam after all, they seem to be pretty good friends.

Something seemed to catch Gons eye and slid down a hill beside us, I was curios so I jumped and slid down also. Following him, but then he stopped out of no where. Making me bash into his back.

"WOOooOoAHHHH" I heard someone behind me.

"AHHH" I shreicked just before Killua bashed into my back. Then came Kurapika and Leorio.

What a pain in the ass.

"What the hell Gon? Why'd you stop?" Killua blabbed.

"What he said.." I said shrugging.

Then I looked over and it finally caught my eye, there was huge pigs eating. But eating what? Bones..

"Their carnivores.." Kurapika informed.

Then one of them looked at us noticing we were there and started running at us. We all ran off with a bunch of meat eating pigs stampeding after us.

I jumped up in a near by tree and jumped back down landing my feet on the top of its head, making it fall dead on the spot.

I looked over and noticed that everyone else had already caught on. Maybe everyone won't slow me down, just maybe.

Once we all got our pigs we went back to the place where they were holding the second phase and I went to my cooking stand. I tried cooking it and flavoring it the best I could, I'm not much of what you call "wife material" talk about sexist.

Once I was done cooking it with its own juice and herbs and seasonings I sliced it and placed pieces together overlapping one another nicely.
I think I did alright over-all, but while I was cooking she seemed to grow impatient. I could tell she wasn't easy.

Time was up and people started getting called up with their dishes in number order. Every single one failed. Buhara gave everyone a pass and gobbled down whatever was given to him, Menchi on the other hand would look at the dish in disgust without even tasting it and gave a fail to everyone crust even went up. Some of the dishes looked extremely delicious and amazing, I was a little hungry myself. Also, all my pork was gone. I used all of it for my dish.

"Ne, Killua?" I ask grabbing his shoulder, Which caught him a little by surprise.

"Huh? Oh. What's up?" He asked Turing to look at me while talking. How'd I not realize it before,. His eyes are so blue. I could sink into them if I wanted to, but I didn't want killua thinking I'm weird for just starring at him.

"Hellooo? (Y/N)?" Killua said waving his hand over my face.

"Oh! Right, uhm. Do you have any left over pork?" I asked putting my hands in my pockets.

"Mm? Yeah, sure. Why?" He asked walking toward his stand.

"I'm just a little hungry that's all.." I said following him sheepishly while scratching the back of my head.

"You can have my pork." Killua said smirking giving it to me.

I gladly took it.
———

1022 words...

(A/N) Lemme know if u guys want longer chaptersss..