The aftermath

Dream was devastated. He stared at his AU, crumbling to pieces... he watched as the citizens died one by one... "NIGHTMARE!!" Dream yelled with fear, as he was worried for Nightmare he went to go help Nightmare, but many citizens went to him for help. He just felt like he couldn't leave a citizen behind, he then tried to help nightmare, but he was already not in full control. The screams of Nightmare when he ate the apple rushed through dream's head, dream was determined for nightmare not to be let down, even if it already happened.

1 year later, dream was walking through his AU, trying to find something to bring back Nightmare! He started to feel like it was no use, Nightmare was already gone...
Who could have guessed it? The guardian of positivity feeling negativity? Although he felt negative he kept thinking there was a way, until he said it out loud. He felt way more determined than before. He went to tree to see if there were any remaining positivity apples...
There wasn't any.... so he reached for a negativity apple as he remembered Nightmare eating it.

Meanwhile nightmare was looking for an AU to destroy. He started feeling something... guilt? No Nightmare did what he wanted, right? He started to look more into this guilt feeling, and it felt like it was leaving the only person who liked him?  "No, I hate dream, why would I be guilty of leaving that fucking excuse for a brother?!" Nightmare thought to himself. He then proceeded to destroy the AU.

Back to Dream, he didnt eat the negativity apple, he just kept it... just in case. He saw a portal open, then a weird skeleton with a giant paint brush on his back came out, Hi!" Dream said hiding the apple behind his back. "Your dream, right?" Asked the skeleton. Dream asked, "how do you know my name..?"
The skeleton completely avoided the question saying, "I'm ink, I see your home got destroyed."
"Well now I know the weird skeleton's name" dream thought to himself

Ink offered his hand, "here come, I have a place where you can stay"
Dream, getting suspicious, still let ink take his hand.  Ink pulled Dream in and showed the Star sanses base.