'𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘵. 2'

(a/n this is part two to the last one shot, it's just titled differently)

Why was he looking at me that way? It was so hypnotizing, he could make anyone fall in love with him with that look.

He cleared his throat again. And then something started vibrating in the back pocket of my jeans.

"Oh, that'd be my phone.."

Gilbert looked away, a deep red blush covering his cheeks. I took out my phone to find that the caller was Marilla.

"Marilla?" I questioned as soon as I picked up and walked away so Gilbert didn't hear the conversation.

"Anne you said you'd talk to Gilbert and be back but it's been a whole hour? Where are you?"

My eyes widened as I looked at the time. Time went by so fast when I was with Gilbert.

"I didn't realize, sorry Marilla! I'm at the Lake of Shining Waters."

"Okay be back in ten minutes, I need your help."

I agreed and hung up.

"Is everything alright?" Gilbert wondered.

I simply nodded and decided I should leave now because I wanted to stop by somewhere else before home. And I only had ten minutes to get home.

"It was great to be able to have a genuine conversation and appreciate it, thank you." I smiled at him and he returned a lopsided grin, suddenly making my heart flutter.

Confused at why I was feeling different towards Gilbert all of a sudden, I couldn't focus on what he was saying. When he noticed I was zoned off he repeated,

"Anne? Are you leaving?"

"Oh, right. Yeah, I uh- Marilla needs my help." I looked down at my boots.

"Okay," He said getting up. "I'm so happy we're on good terms now. I'll see you at the camp trip."

I nodded excitingly and as soon as I was out of his sight, I took off towards Barry's brick house.

"Good morning Anne-" Mrs. Barry answered the door a few seconds after I knocked.
But I didn't give her time to complete her sentence.
"I have to see Diana!" I said shooting up the stairs and into Diana's room.

Diana was shocked to see me at her house out of nowhere, I hadn't sent any messages or anything. We gave each other a hug and Diana sat me down because she knew I had something to tell her. She knows me too well. I took a deep breath and blurted,

"I was at the Lake of Shining Waters with Gilbert Blythe, he apologized and I accepted because I felt that he was really trying to get on good terms with me and then we got lost in conversation and weirdly, my heart fluttered at the way he smiled at me,"
"...I felt so comfortable around him like he was a close friend."

I flopped on the bed and shut my eyes, waiting for her answer.

"Anne," Diana said in awe. "I can't beli-"

"If you're gonna make fun of me, I don't wanna hear it. I already know that I should've given him a chance." I shot up.

To my surprise, Diana shut up. But not for long.

"I can't believe this."
"What?"
"Oh, nothing."
"Oh my gosh, Diana. I can't deal with you right now," I said but I smiled lovingly, "there's so much to think about."

Remembering Marilla was still waiting at home, I said a reluctant goodbye to her.

"See you tonight," Diana said beaming.