Chapter 35: Conversations

"Oh my God, I missed you so much!"

"I miss you more!" Fiona hugged Joana tightly.

"It's been about 5 years, I think?!" She squealed, "And I couldn't believe you're dating Michael Jackson, like what?!"

"I'm here, you know?" He smirked. They both looked back. Fiona just smiled, while Joana was hyperventilating.

"Woah, girl. Chill. Breathe. Be calm."

"I'm alright. I'm alright. Just surprised.."

"Sooooo, tell me how this even started! God, I sure missed a lot!!" Joana said, excited.

"Well, ---"

"You didn't even know who Michael was before you left, and now you're with him?! Hell, is that fate?" Joana cut her off. Fiona just blushed at the fact that her best friend was right. Michael giggled.

"We can tell you if you don't cut us off." He teased. Joana nodded, smiling.

"Well, in my point of view," Fiona started, "when we arrived in our hotel, which was near a beach, I saw a mob, but didn't see who they were mobbing, so I ignored that and went to our room. Then I got so bored and lonely afterwards, so I went down to the beach to walk around."

"Me, likewise, after being mobbed and not able to communicate normally with people because I'm 'famous,' I felt very lonely, so, I took a walk down the beach, and we sorta bump into each other....." He smiled shyly.

"LITERALLY bumped into each other." Fiona stated, laughing.

"Oh my God. It's like a typical, cliché love story!" She chuckled. "Then?"

"Since I didn't know who he was that time, I was able to talk to him normally without panicking or something. Then coincidentally, our rooms were beside each other. So we spent a lot of time with each other. And something bad happened to my parents." She looked away, holding back that painful memory. Joana didn't have to ask. She knew what Fiona meant. Fiona continued, "I was only to stay in the hotel for 2 weeks, but a certain man," she nudged Michael with her elbow, "extended my stay for 2 months."

"I only wanted to have some company with me." He stuck his tongue out like a child.

"And that's where it all started."

"Did you do it?!" Joana blurted out of nowhere.

"Excuse me?" "Pardon?" Fiona and Michael said at the same time.

"You guys know what I mean." She teased.

"And we got to this topic, how?" Fiona raised an eyebrow.