CHAPTER THREE

"Can I go now?" Kathy told Mabel, impatiently.

"I'm trying to find a new uniform for you."

They were at the store picking her new uniforms and Kathy was sitting on one of the stairs. Two kids slid down the stairs and got irritated. She noticed a cool hat and sunglasses. Mabel was picking a white uniform, when Kathy was on a wheelchair and kept going backwards and forwards trying to get her attention while she busily tried to pick her new uniform. 

"Katherine, please put those back."

"Come on, can I have some color for school?"

"You have to blend in the crowd so that you can't get bullied."

"I can take care of myself you know."

"But still, the dress code is important for your school." Mabel said, sighing and noticed Kathy this close to swearing. "We really need to teach you stop this behavior."

"You're talking bullcrack."

"Exactly."

"Can I at least keep the hat, it matches my hair."

"No, it'll make you look like a boy."

"What do you mean, I don't care" she said as she remembered sometimes, by sometimes, she means all the time, Mabel was stereotypical.

"Whine all you want and you're not going out like that anymore." 

"What's wrong with green flannel and gray."

"You stand out."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Our family already stands out because of the weird legend."

"My life is so boring." she said, excluding her new friends because the library was fun.

King went on the window beside Kathy while Mabel went back to clothes shopping. She noticed him  and talked to him because she was so bored.

"Hey King, you hungry."

She got out a bag of Doritos and gave some to him.

"You aren't that bad as before, aren't ya."

He just fell asleep on her lap, while she petted him. She saw Arthur going to the library with a lot of mail and she quickly got back to her attention to the cat thing. This was a very quiet moment until Mabel said it's time go home. Kathy still felt felt disappointed that she didn't get the sun glasses and hat. The ride was boring and she already giving up that the town was going to be cool. Seriously, there aren't that much people at the streets anymore. They went past to that big new school and it was Application Day.

~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, Kathy was going to be at the library as usual but it was closed. Arthur was there as too and oddly Thomas not there. He was sick and had to stay at home for the day. The puppet was sitting at Kathy's chair and definitely not alive  or anything and not taking notice of her boredom."

"Hey Arthur, what are you doing.?"

"Hey Pinesy." he said using the nickname she kinda hated. "Waiting for mom to bring me to the mental hospital."

"What?! Are you going crazy or something?"

"I'm just bringing these letters to Eda."

"By the way, where did you get this puppet."

"From Lee's old treasure chest, nah it's more like a trove."

"How about I go instead?"

"Are you sure, I mean, it's pretty freaky."