5. The Bar

Me, Peter and Quintin Beck were sitting down in the bar. I was drinking a milkshake. "Luchshiy", I spoke in Russian.

Peter and Beck looked at me. "What?"Peter asked.

"Luchshiy means 'The best' in Russian", I explained. "So...battle is over. What do you guys want to talk about?"

"I want to know how you created that whole speech earlier", Quintin said.

"Well I spent a lot of time with Steve. You know, Captain America. And I guess it was also about speaking from the heart", I said. "I've been told that I have a good heart. No one mentioned that I got it from my mother".

"Black Widow?" Peter asked.

"Actually, my...my birth mother", I said. "God, I wish I got to know her".

"How do you know you got it from her if you've never met her?" Quintin asked.

"I guess I just...I just know. There are times when I'm like my father and there are other times when I'm like my mother. It's like I'm...I'm-".

"Part light side, part dark side?" Peter asked. I nodded. It seemed that way.

"I guess you can say that", I said.

"Can I ask you something?" Peter asked me.

"Sure. What's up?"

"So how did you hit it off with Quicksilver? How did you two make it this far?"

"Well when Pietro and I first met, he wasn't a fan of the Avengers, but eventually, he and Wanda came around. We had our first kiss during the battle in Sokovia. And when things got rough, none of us gave up on each other. So when you go impress that girl, remember that it's not a person's looks that matter, it's what's in their heart".

"That was corny", Beck said. Peter chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, Beck", I said. I finished up my milkshake.

My phone started going off. I looked at the caller ID. I looked at Peter and Beck. "But when you're a superhero, your love interest calls you and you have to listen to them ramble about how worried they are. It's cute, but annoying", I said. Peter and Beck laughed.

I answered the call. "Hello?'

"Zee, I saw the news. Are you okay?"Pietro asked.

"Yes, I'm fine", I said.

"Don't mention you got hit by a fire monster", Beck said. I playfully glared at him.

"Pietro. Pietro. Pietro", I said as Pietro continued rambling. He finally stopped. "I'm good. I'm not going to die before our wedding".

"I just wanted to make sure you're safe".

"I'm fine. I have the power of the six infinity stones. I can handle missions and I'll be able to handle my job as the new Director".

"That's amazing, Zee".

"Yeah, it is".

"I thought you might want to know that your parents are having a fight in the kitchen".

"They always argue".

"Not that kind of fight".

"Are you serious?"

"Yep".

"Don't interact", I said. I heard glass shatter in the background. I face palmed, earning Peter and Quintin's attention. "I can not leave my parents alone, can I?"

"I'm going to interact", Pietro said.

"You better not".

"I'm going to until you come home".

"What the hell? Okay. Okay, okay. If it makes you feel any better, I was coming back tonight anyways", I said.

"See you when get back. I love you".

"I love you too", I said before hanging up the phone. "My father is fighting with my adoptive mother. I got to get there before Pietro interacts and gets hurt in the process".

"Weird", Beck said.

"Now a days, it's all weird", I said. "Peter, if you want, you can always come to the Avengers Facility. The Avengers could use someone like you".

"I don't know", Peter said.

"I'll give you time to think about it, yeah?" I asked.

Peter nodded. "Yeah, I'll think about it", he said.

"Here's a pager if you need to contact me", I said, giving Peter a pager.

I looked at Beck. "You're okay, Quintin", I said. Quintin smiled at me. "I'm gonna let you two continue your boy talk". I grabbed my jacket off the chair and walked out of the bar.