6. Finding the truth

That night, I was finally back in my room. I was on my computer. I was checking the security cameras in Prague to make sure it was really the end of the elementals.

I found the part when that mysterious object flew away from the Ferris wheel.

I zoomed in. It looked like a part to a camera or a projector. I played back the whole recording.

Peter's web hit something that was invisible. He flung the invisible object away from the Ferris wheel, revealing the projector.

I turned on x ray vision. There was a whole fleet of drones projecting the elemental.

It was all fake.

"Oh my God. I knew we couldn't trust Beck", I said.

"I didn't want you to find out like this".

I jumped out of my seat and turned around to see Beck standing by the doorway. "I think you lied to us, Mr. Beck", I said.

"It's funny how I was almost able to fool the daughter of the God of Mischief", Beck said.

"You can't fool me, Quintin Beck. So what now? You're going to kill me?"

"No, I have better plans for you. For Peter, not so much".

"Would you really hurt him? He's a kid".

"You two weren't supposed to know the truth".

"You were supposed to be the good guy. A hero".

"I am a hero".

"No. Not like this. People could die, Beck".

"If someone died, they die".

"If that's what you think, you're not a hero".

"Then what am I?"

"A fake, a fraud, a criminal, a vigilante, a mad man".

"You really think so little of me?"

"Shut up and go to Hel", I snapped.

"You know, you were so suspicious of me, Princess of Asgard, that I almost decided to kill you, but you've grown on me, Director",Beck said as he walked closer.

"What do you want if you're not going to kill me?"

"Remember when I said we were married in the 'other dimension'?"Quintin asked.

"Yeah. If you're asking to marry me, I don't marry a psycho and I don't love you. I love Pietro", I said.

"I wasn't asking",Quintin said as he grabbed my arm with a strong grip. I grabbed a glass cup and smashed it over Beck's head.

I grabbed the pager and quickly typed in "Don't trust Beck!". I sent it before Beck grabbed me. I elbowed him in the face.

I ran out of my room, but Beck followed me. I ran towards the library, but when I got there, Beck was in front of me.

"You're not the only one who can do tricks, Zia", Beck said.

I put my fists up as I stood in a fighting position. "I think you forgot. I'm the adoptive daughter of the Black Widow", I said. I threw energy at Beck, knocking him into a bookshelf. "And the biological daughter of Loki, God of Mischief".

The room went dark. "And I'm Mysterio", Beck said, but I couldn't see him.

"Illusions won't work on me", I said. Something hit me in the head, knocking me to the ground.

"It doesn't have to. It just had to distract you", Beck said. I kicked him in the knee. He grunts in pain.

"He will find out", I said, referring to Peter.

"And when he does, I'll kill him".

I stood up. I threw a punch at him, hitting him in the stomach. I grabbed his head and brought it to my knee, knee kicking him in the face. I threw him into a bookshelf.

I turned around to leave, but Beck grabbed me. "Let me go, you psychopath!" I shouted.

He placed his hand over my mouth. "That's no way to treat your new fiance?" Beck asked.

I bit his hand. "You're crazy!" I snapped.

"Well unless you want your family to suffer, I suggest you do as I say, Director Romanoff".

Beck put his hand over my mouth. I was struggling to get out of Beck's grip. I tried to scream for help, but it was just a muffled scream.

"Shhh. Don't fight it. Don't fight it",Beck said. "I just want you to know, I never wanted to do this to you and the kid. Now he'll have to die while you live, wishing you were dead".

And everything went black.