Chapter 1: Charles

"It was a pretty good plan; you could even say it was the greatest-"

BOOM

Bryan woke with a start. He looked around confused for a moment. He was in his office, at his desk. He had been working late on paperwork the night before and had fallen asleep. So it was a nightmare... he thought. It was a common occurrence for him to have nightmares like those but he was still pretty shaken up.

After a couple moments of getting himself together, Bryan went off to go find his friends. When he had first met Helpy, back when he first started his business, he had been a bit surprised but he managed to shake it off quickly. Since then he has managed to build a new personality; and it grew on him.

Bryan soon found his friends hanging out by the portal room. Of course they'd be here. He thought irritably. Like the old portal, this portal reminded Bryan a lot of the teleporter. He still had it of course, along with the tuniesion diamond and a pair of Charles' headphones. Usually the portal was a swirling galaxy, but at that moment it was green and yellow. It seemed like it was an image of something that was swirled and blurry. It reminded Bryan of a certain jungle he hated. Bryan moved closer to his friends which looked to be Molten, Jon, Ballora, Happy Frog and two people who he couldn't recognize that seemed a bit frantic.

"Tell us who you are. Now." Molten growled.

Bryan walked up and froze. The two people he couldn't recognize at first were actually Reginald and Right Hand Man.

"Hi Bryan!" Happy Frog exclaimed which made everyone turn their attention to him.

"H-Hi Happy Frog." Bryan stuttered.

"Are you okay?" Jon asked, noticing the obvious stuttering.

"Ye-yeah.." He replied, shaking his head slowly.

Jon sighed. "I'll deal with you later." He said as he turned back to the pair. Reginald seemed giddy with excitement. RHM just stood there seemingly annoyed with everything. "What are you smiling about?" Rockstar Freddy piped up. Reginald pointed to me with a malicious grin on his face. "Hi Henry~! Long time no see am I right?"

Bryan had never felt so angry in his entire life. "Molten..?" He mumbled. "Yes Bryan?" He answered in his cocky voice. "Throw them into the portal; right, now."

Everyone was taken aback. There were a lot of exclamations and yells at that. RHM however seemed to be waiting for something. Bryan was sick of them being in his safe place. His only hide out from all those horrible memories. He ran forward to push them in, when suddenly he was stopped. RHM had his blade formed out. Bryan hadn't faced him in a long time and had forgotten about what his cybernetics could do.

"What are you going to do now Stickmin?" RHM taunted. Suddenly the world stopped in front of Bryan. His eyes widened. His choices were back after so many years. The pictures showed up quickly. 'Molten' had Molten's face on it, 'Teleporter' had the teleporter and 'Sandwich' had a sandwich. The other choice was Charles which didn't seem right. He decided to leave it for last.

Bryan's eyes darted over 'Molten' and time went back to normal. "Any last words Henry?" Reginald said from the side. Molten silently pounced down on Reginald and... he missed. The fail screen popped up and Bryan laughed. "I wonder how he defended you from Glitchtrap." The text said which made Bryan crack up even more. It was the one thing that comforted him after he failed. Once he had calmed down he hovered his eyes over retry.

Bryan picked 'Teleporter' even though he knew how that would turn out. "Any last words Henry?" Reginald said even though Bryan wasn't paying attention. He pressed the big button and prepared for the worst. He ended up in an empty complex cell. It showed the fail screen and the text said, "Well, you did get out of that situation."

Bryan sighed and went for the retry button.

Bryan hovered his eyes over 'Sandwich'. "Any last words Henry?" Reg questioned. Bryan fumbled through his pocket and ate the sandwich that was in there. Everyone stared at him like he was an idiot. What? I was hungry. He thought sarcastically. The fail screen popped up again but he was too preoccupied to notice the text. So Charles is correct... but how? Bryan thought. He looked at retry and was brought back to the choices.

Here goes nothing. He thought. He chose Charles.

"Any last words Henry?" Reginald questioned.

Before anyone could move, someone flew at Reginald knocking him down.

"I AM BACK TO LIFE~! They sang in a familiar tune.

Within seconds both Reginald and RHM were kicked through the portal. "Whew, that was tiring, I think I'll stick to planes." Charles said. Bryan's eyes watered up as he looked Charles up and down. It was Charles alright, but his right leg, spine and right arm were cybernetic. The skin that was exposed showed scars from deep cuts. The others were trying to get Bryan to 'wake up' from his trance. Finally he could move again. He stumbled into Charles' arms, tears flowing down his face like a waterfall. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop crying long enough for him to speak. He heard Charles saying stuff to try to calm him down but Bryan could feel he was crying as well. After a while of crying and hugging Bryan stepped back and wiped his tears. "You're alive, you're actually..." He trailed off.

"Bryan what's going on?" Jon demanded.

Charles looked annoyed and confused. If Bryan had seen his best friend after a huge injury that presumed him dead, and was interrupted during a reunion he'd be annoyed too. He'd also be confused about someone else calling them by a different name.

"Bryan..? This is Henry." Charles said gesturing to Bryan.

Now it was the animatronics turn to be confused. Bryan sighed and gestured over to the portal room door.

"Why don't we sit down and I'll answer any questions you guys have."