t e n

BUZZKILL

The group all held their guns close, they knew they couldn't trust this place, even if it had let them in, doesn't mean that it wasn't a trap.

Theo looked around carefully before moving up and next to her dad.

"You think this is a trap?" She whispered, making her dad quickly look down at her before returning his gaze to infront of him.

"I don't know," he replied with the same volume.

Theo stayed close to her dad, walking slowly, the rest following. The father and daughter duo had no clue, but the others were beginning to look to them for answers, to make sure that the decisions they made where what was good for the group, of course Rick being the Sheriff back in Atlanta made people put their faith in him, his daughter, only being young was aggressive at times, but thats what was making her a survivalist, and making her Rick's right hand gal.

All the while Daryl watched Theo, watching how she walked with such confidence and leader-like quality. 

In that moment he knew he would follow her anywhere. 

"Hello?" Rick yelled, trying to get someone to answer him. They knew someone had to be here, someone did open the door.

A man began making his way down the stairs, cocking his shotgun making the group turn to look at him, pointing their guns back at him.

"Any infected?! The man yelled at the strange faces.

"One, but he didn't make it" Rick answered, remembering Jim, knowing his fate at this point.

"But don't worry, we didn't bring him with us" Theo sarcastically finished for her father wondering why he had to say anything other than a simple 'no'

Everyone's hands lingered over their triggers, guns pointing at the man, they were not sure who he was yet, but they knew that if he was holding a gun, he would be able to shoot it.

"What do you want?" the man began walking closer.

"A chance" Rick replied for his people, if they weren't allowed to stay, with fuel short, they could be in serious trouble.

"Thats a lot to ask these days"

"We know, but please." Rick continued to beg

The man looked between the lost souls between the group, dirty and bloody, tired and aching.

"You all must submit to a blood test, then you can come in," he told the group.

"We can do that," Rick agreed. The others nodded knowing if it meant they could stay, a little blood wouldn't be a problem.

Theo however, hated her blood being taken.

She wasn't sure what it was, she loved getting tattoos and piercings, she was fine when it came to injections, but as soon as it came to someone placing a needle in the crease of the arm, freaked her out.

In fact it made her queasy to the bone.

"But when those doors close, they won't be opening again" Jenner told them, pulling Theo from her traumatised daydream

Everyone nodded, appreciating that he was letting them stay.

He warned the group to get their stuff quickly.

After the group had collected their stuff the doors shut, shutting off the outside.

They introduced themselves as blood tests began to run.

"What's the matter sunshine, can't deal with a little blood?" Daryl teased as she and he were the last two.

Daryl simply sat there, his muscular arm all relaxed and defined, slightly dirty and sweaty, causing Theo to stare a little too long.