t w e n t y f o u r

SNAPPED

TRIGGER WARNING- SENSITIVE SUBJECTS ABOUT ABANDONMENT 

After seeing Carol, Daryl headed to go and talk to Theo, but he couldn't find her anywhere. He even asked Glenn but he also didn't know, Daryl knew that Shane wasn't with her as he was currently talking to Rick.

He began to worry, but he had no reason to panic until he knew for sure that she was no where on the farm.

"Hey Maggie, you haven't seen Theo have you?" Daryl asked the girl, slightly out of breath.

"No?" she asked, scanning the fields behind Daryl.

"Anywhere that's hidden around here? She likes to be alone sometimes" He explained, pulling the crossbow onto his shoulder tighter.

"Have you checked the shed, it's on the way to the RV" She pointed to him, he followed her finger to a small shed just before the RV, it was a little out of the way, perfect for Theo to sit alone.

"Thanks" He said leaving Maggie and heading over to the shed

"Theo?" He asked, walking around the back. And sure enough, she was there.

"Hey?" Daryl asked as she was holding her knife, she had it against her finger as she messed with it.

"Hi," she said slowly.

"You okay, I've been looking for you," Daryl told her as he took a seat next to her.

"Hmm" She sadly smiled, trying to fake a smile, but he saw right through it.

"You're beginning to worry me," He pointed out. "You can't lie to me" 

Then he noticed a bruise forming on her arm, he was immediately annoyed.

"Theo, the hell that bruise comes from?" He asked, he saw the finger marks.

"Who do you think?" she snapped at him.

"Imma kill him" Daryl said standing up

"Wait!" she said following Daryl but he continued to walk away from her. 

"Please. Daryl." She pulled his arm back. He looked down into her green eyes, seeing the fear in her eyes.

"Okay" He calmly nodded before pulling her into a hug. 

She instantly relaxed under his touch. 

She took a deep breath in, calming herself.

She could smell the leather on his jacket, the slight smell of sweat, but it wasn't gross, it smelt like bark and the woods more than anything.

It was relaxing.

"I wanted to ask you something," Daryl said, pulling away, sitting back down, making her follow.

"What's up?" she wondered. 

She calmed herself  as she became concerned about Daryl.

"You think that i could tell you about my past, because i trust you" He asked awkwardly

"Of course Daryl" she said, softening her voice.

"You asked me, ages ago, to tell you about myself, i said no, but that's because i didn't know if you were truly trustworthy, don't be offended, it's just how i am, i'm ready to tell you some things, or answer questions" Daryl breathed out. This was hard, his past was a touchy subject, but like Theo told Daryl, once she started to explain it to someone, she felt better.

"You don't have to," she began.

"No, I feel I should, I trust you" Daryl told her, she nodded, indicating for him to carry on.